No fans allowed

TheLegend96

RIght before qualifying, I got a phone call in the pits from a family member stating that TMS wouldn't open the gates until 3:00 pm. That means they could not see qualifying. When the ticket manager (GATE 5) was questioned as to why they couldn't get in to see qualifying, she replied, "It was not thier decision to delay the opening of the gate, it was ROMCO's descision and you would have to contact ROMCO officials." With the phone to my ear, I went to an official in the pits and told him what was happening, he relayed that message to a higher offical. The reply was "The gates don't open untill 3:00 p.m. sorry."

There was approx. 40-50 people waiting outside gate 5 to get in. When asked where they could use the restroom they were told that they dont have facilities outside the gates and that if they really had to use the restroom then they could go ask a vendor if they could use thier facilities.

From the media perspective:

I have a daily schedule that I picked up in the media room on Thursday when I got to TMS. It says that the front gates weren't scheduled to open til 3 p.m. on Saturday.

Hope that helps.

hey everyone, I too was upset that the gates were not open for qualifying. <_< Noticed that on the schedule the day before. However, I used my pit pass to WALK to the south tunnel and into the infield. Only to my dismay, :o they would not allow fans to cross to the stands to watch qualifying. Thanks to H. Naumann, we were allowed to watch practice and qualifying on top of his trailer with :ph34r: Casey and Glen Smith (what a treat!!) Thanks to all, was truly an awesome experience for my first time to TMS. Thanks Mark and Krystal for letting me tag a long.

Christy ;)

Archived