4th Parade

Rookie49

Great job to Tom Harwell, Mel Krauss, and The rest of the Legacy contingent that showed up for the Schertz Parade. Also KISS Racing. (Although we didn't get to see the truck. I know there was a lot of interest in the race cars and it would have been nice to see more, but thanks and good job to these guys.

Thanks,

the WOAI news crew was there at the parade and i think they were brodcasting live but im not sure because i saw the people that site at the desk during a regular brodcasting.

and they got a good shot of the American Standered sticker on the back of Tom's car.

Amy Madison is the Schertz Economic Development Director, She and Maclovio from WOAI were the Masters of Ceremonies. They did a pretty good job. I was sitting in the bleachers right beside the MC Desk and I heard a lot of good comments. Why did they not allow the cars to be untrailered. I saw them coming and was kind of surprised about that. I was wondering if the 31 might have had an enclosed trailer when I saw the others on the trailer and didn't see the others at all.

By the way-----I am interested in possibly doing something that is fund-raising related and would be a fun exposure oppurtunity for race teams in Late September. Need Cars Please e-mail me at jsutton@jmack-inc.com for more info.

They may have not allowed the cars off the trailer due to the new noise regulations Schertz has put in place in recent years.

Also the large number of horses that are involved in the parade on a annual bases. It sucks, I am in Ripon, California instead of being at home this year. Otherwise I would have been horseback in the parade, as I have been numerous years before.

Wish I could have been there in any capacity.

Later all

Last year the cars got to drive in the parade,at least the legacy cars,that could be why you did not see the 31 truck,he had a enclosed trailer.

the only reason that we pulled the cars on the trailer is cuz they would have over heated.

and i did see the 31 truck and his open trailer but i saw him and he was driving the truck.

not trying to start anything juss putting my two cents in :D:D

Your right Flame..

with the pace of the parade we thought we may have developed an over heating problem. So out of the boxes and onto the flats.

I HAD A BLAST!!!!! Hey Rookie49, I did not hear you yell!

My second year, and the parade seems to be getting bigger & bigger. Both in spectator & entry's.

Looking forward to next year.

Tom

There were a total of 5 oval cars represented--3 legacies, the 31 truck, (which drove), and also Mike Knotts of the TPS series with his #48. Also there was a really good looking dragster, although I don't know whose it was.

Also participating was the go-cart gang from New Braunfels.

The cars were scattered throughout the parade, with Mel and the legacies nearer to the front, Knotts about the middle, and the dragster, truck, and carts nearer to the back.

All in all, a nice presentation of cars. Congrats to all who participated.

It was a good turnout,my daughter was glad the horses were at torwards the end though,she is in band.Maybe next time I can have mine out there too,it would have to be trailers also,parades not mini-clutch friendly either.

Where was the 31 truck? I can't believe I missed him. I was actually waiting for him so I could point him out to some folks?

I didn't think you were trying to start anything at all. :) Unless there was something in the edit I missed. ;)

im not really sure what # he was

i just saw him driving his truck throught the parking lot at the high school

oh he passed us when we where waiting for the parade to start so he was lower than 37 cuz 37 was us :D

Just got off the phone with Mark. He asked that I tell everyone he was having overheating problems and the long period of just starting the truck to move it around had drained the battery, so if he shut it off it was hard to start.

Tom H. said they had the same overheating problem with the Legacys: full size motor, small space for radiator and air intake. Tom said they were all having overheating problems at THR last Saturday night as well. It was pretty durned hot.

Anyway, Mark pulled off and drove through a neighborhood right after the announcer called out the 31 truck so he could cool it off. Sorry they missed the rest of the parade and that not everyone got to see it.

Check the Round Rock parade post; sounds like Josh and Tracy made the day for a lot of kids. Thanks also to Aaron and Laura and to Gunnar.

Archived