Who is going to support local racing

zoom

RebelRacer,

Terry Dickerson asked me the same thing Saturday night. I have contacted Debbie and Bobby about the issue and we already had it in the JRA plan for next year…It could happen this year however we need a bunch of help!!!

If someone is willing to dedicate their time to making the Kids Club happen.. Please contact Debbie/Bobby/and or myself…

Its not just taking care of kids.. There is a business side to it as well.. We can only do as much as the $$ we have… to do it with..

As to the kiddie rides..

They happen every night that we don't have bike races.. The JRA Jr. VIP does get to ride around the track.. As well they get to ride in the pace truck at the start of one of the features…

Your right about safety and insurance… As a member of JRA you do have to sign a wavier.(Minor Release) due to the on track happenings… We are working on plans for later in the season to have an entire day/night dedicated to kids and drivers.. Including Rides.. And "looking at the nutzz and bolts"… even seeing what the track looks like with the lights out at night..

The flyer looks great...

Just a footnote that drives me nuts as a business person: The TV watching NASCAR fan isn't going to understand why we say or what we mean by "asphalt" or know what a "super late model" is...let the dirt tracks say what they race on and explain what they do...(sorry to our I-37 friends and Jay H.)...if it is confusing, they won't pay attention...some people probably don't even know NASCAR is "stock car" racing...

We ARE the local version of Car Racing they see on TV...we don't need to explain or confuse people...we race stock cars on pavement just like TV...we have the advantage...we need to be thinking like they think not all caught up in terms only the local racing community understands....the simpler the message the better...

We play on a field turf 100 yard field with a wilson 1001 using NCAA rules??? Oh you mean you play College Football!

Kosher has it right "Big Kar Race"

From a fan's standpoint, I can see what you're saying. Short and sweet, but to the point.

"Visit XXX Speedway this weekend for the XXX 125 (150/whatever). Lot's of cars! Lots of Laps! Lots of Prizes (usually)! AND TONS OF FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!"

But I would also agree, I saw this flyer (many times) this past weekend @ THR. It looks great and is a AWESOME start!

aaron, i might be an idiot for asking this, but what all is involved with the kids club.........i like the idea and think it would be a good way to get the kids involved, because when they are liking it, the parents are going to like it..........the ride along in the pace truck is also a neat way to give the kids something extra......sounds like you guys have a great thing going up there at thr..........

aaron, i might be an idiot for asking this, but what all is involved with the kids club.........i like the idea and think it would be a good way to get the kids involved, because when they are liking it, the parents are going to like it..........the ride along in the pace truck is also a neat way to give the kids something extra......sounds like you guys have a great thing going up there at thr..........

RR, there aren't enough words to express all the great things Aaron and his Wife are doing at THR.

Let me put it to you this way, the bike races used to be boring and kind of a turn off (too kidless fans). Now there are so many kids involved in the races that just that aspect alone is fun to watch from the stands. Me and the group of people I go with now look forward to watching ALL the kids faces light up with the feeling of sportsmanship (aka beeting the other guy). Heck Aaron even has a few junior junior (2,3 4 yo)'s who get out their on their trikes.

It's AWESOME seeing the sea of orange shirts running around every Saturday night.

RebelRacer,

Your not an Idiot… many times my wife doesn't even really know what I do.. I spend 5-7 hours a week planning and preparing for Saturday night… Updating members list.. Balancing Money bags.. Packing the nights needs…Typing up press releases... Stuff like that.. *(usually Wednesday)

Race night I run around like a crazy man from 5pm to 11pm… you will get pulled in many different directions…

My wife Laura and the ladies man the booth and keep reminding me of things i have forgot... *(need to start taking Gingo b.. )

Example..

This past Saturday at THR this is what JRA had going on..

Operation Interdependence - Donations collection

Kids Drawing and packing care packages

Book Give away for Fathers Day…

Jr. VIP… *(that takes a lot of time by itself..)

Identify child *(got to make sure they are there)

Get driver

Trophy Presentation

Meet/Great driver's during Out of Car into's

Get in and out of pace truck…

Passed out Candy to Kids Young and Old in stands

Kids Passed out Flyers for USRA Race at SAS

Don't forget Plenty of Questions.. All kinds.. All ages…Hand out Many business cards each night..

Right now.. We are already beginning to think about End of season activities.. For Bike race/Campout/Banquet.. As well as Sponsorship for next season..

And turning it up a notch.. Any and all help is greatly appreciated...

I think I should have gotten more flyers at last nights FASCAR meeting I am getting low. I have already started distributing them today in the town of Gonzales and Luling. Maybe some of them Watermelon Thumpers might decide they want to go see a race saturday night instead! LOL

Don't ever hesitate to send some of those flyers to Austin!!

We can spread them around up here just as easy...

:D

PM me if you need an address to send them to..

Archived