Clyde Hart Memorial 200 at New Smyrna

Bubba Pollard started 11th, and ran mainly3rd to 8th most of the race. But his car really looked great on long runs. It really looked like Ty Majeski who started 17th, took the lead by about lap 35, and looked untouchable. With about 9 laps to go, something happened, and he started losing positions, finishing 16th. It turns out that he had a drive plate fail, and he lost an axle. I'm shocked he finished at all. I thought he had a tire going down, but the more he ran it looked mechanical. It looked like a shock broke or the panhard bar broke. Casey Roderick was strong all night to finish 3rd. Young Jett Nolan ran the top 10 all race, and fought his way up to 2nd, and that's where he finished. Chase Elliot started 8th I believe, but did finish 6th. But the was mainly because of Majeski falling back and Nason following suit.

A perenial World Series Asphalt race winner, and series champ winner got taken out going into turn 1. It was a really hard hit. The car will need at least a front clip, and possibly an engine too. Derek Griffin is from the Northeast, and is usually very calm. He came unglued on the guy that dumped him. Thankfully no punches were thrown. The Memorial is for super late models, and they put on such a good show at New Smyrna vs the late model stocks cars. There were still 18 cars on the lead lap after 200 laps. Good race to watch!!