Tracktv.com

24nomo

Now we have to buy another subscription to watch the ASA tour.    Floracing, Racing America, Race On Texas,  now Tracktv.   No need to ever go see another race.  Stay at home at watch 4 at a time

Edited by 24nomo

LOL I get it! I don't think that it's too far down the road before NASCAR's top 3 will be some sort of pay to watch (I don't see me paying to watch them). I've really enjoyed what FloRacing offers, and that's the only subscription service I plan on using. I'm definitely not going to be paying for several different service providers, so unless Flo starts dropping a bunch of tracks/series', that will continue to be the service that I'm willing to pay for. I've been impressed with them for 2 reasons. The first is the shear volume of racing that they show, from literally all over the country. Hey, snow sled racing is all over their schedule right now. I'm not watching it, but it's there. The second reason is that 4 years ago, pretty much the only racing they covered was dirt racing. I've been impressed at how quickly that they've added the equipment and broadcast teams to host all of the racing. Now some tracks are still in the process of adding more cameras, so they are stuck trying to show the races with just 1 camera. But those are a bit rare, as most have at least 2 cameras. 

As I get nearly all of my racing fix on tv or online now, there still is no comparison to being there. I was visiting friends in Tucson a week ago.  Tucson Speedway was hosting their annual Chilly Willy super late model weekend. That was my home track when I raced my modified. I had actually forgot it was the same weekend that we were going to be there. So I can tell you I was absolutely bummed that I couldn't go due to commitments that I had already made. But hey, at least I could watch it online when we got home. But yes, I really wished I could have been there. Besides not being there in person, they only had 2 cameras. One was a fixed wide pan of the track, while the other was a manned camera. So you only got to see what they wanted you to see, and rarely caught the action throughout the field. Hopefully they will get more cameras in the future. 

8 hours ago, 24nomo said:

Pro Late Model and Super Late Model racing is booming everywhere.  I sure wish that we could get some of that down here in Texas.   

That's why I'm so hopeful about the CARS Tour & the SRL Series. I don't know if at some point they merge, but so far I don't see them trying to box out the other with rules variations. That there is what has caused a lot of the decline in asphalt late/super late model racing. Purses hurt too, but the lack of rules that will allow a team to run both series' has really hurt. This is where the dirt scene has absolutely killed it. Yes, purses really help too, but the ability for a team to pick & choose when/where they want to race is huge. Like minded rules really helps that. As I said here before, what the new CARS Tour ownership brings to the table is huge for asphalt racing. Also, with Harvick's interest in Kern Co shows that he isn't forgetting where he got his start, and earned his way to the top of the racing food chain. His home track was Mesa Marin. That was bulldozed over, and Kern Co was built a few years ago. I doubt that there is a better Sat night asphalt track in this country. It's really special.

I will always have mixed emotions, when talking about how Harvick made it NASCAR's top 3 divisions. There's no doubt that he has the skills, as his selection to the HOF in a few years is certain. But if Chris Trickle doesn't get murdered in Las Vegas, would Kevin get the Spears ride that had already taken Ron Hornaday Jr to NASCAR's top 3 divisions? When Chris ran his last race in Tucson in the Winter Heat Series, there were already talk among those "in the know" around that series, that Chris was probably heading to the Charlotte area soon. He was good, Spears Manufacturing loved him, and so did fans. One of the people that was talking about his future was Lee Baumgarten, the track president of TRP. When NASCAR sold the lease at TRP, Lee became the track president at Phoenix International. David Hoots, who ran everything Winter Heat at TRP said the same thing. There were about a half dozen drivers that made it to Charlotte because of those Winter Heat seasons. The one I spoke most often to was Ron Hornaday. He kept his southwest tour, Winston West, and super late model cars at Carlos Serrano's shop for all of his races during the seasons he raced in them. Carlos would do some set up & crash repair for me on my mod. Carlos' shop was 2 blocks from my business office. Don't tell my wife, but there were many a day that I would tell her that I needed to go inspect a business to insure, just to go to his shop and hang out for a while. Especially if it was Winter Heat time. I got to meet some pretty cool racers, and a couple of inventors. You might not have heard of Dan Press, but he was a pretty good driver in his day. He also invented the gold track rear end center section. I didn't really understand them, but Carlos talked me into getting one. Yeah, it was a bit expensive, but boy was it worth it!