Kaden Honeycutt

ron.brown11

Kaden raced the #45 Niece truck at Kansas tonight. He finished 4th!!! Somebody's going tp put him a steady ride if he keeps this up. I think that if he could win 3 races in either of the series (Pro or LMSC) will get him a shoot at either a truck or Xfinity ride.The Niece team is the best chance because he has history there already, Hammer Down Mr Honeycutt!! 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last time he raced the niece truck. He was getting booed and people were saying to get him off the track.  He hit everything but the pace car. I’m glad he had a better run this time. 

On 5/4/2024 at 10:26 PM, Realfast said:

The last time he raced the niece truck. He was getting booed and people were saying to get him off the track.  He hit everything but the pace car. I’m glad he had a better run this time. 

And he's not done getting better either. Sometimes it just takes a minute to get used to running up front, with people he hasn't been used to racing around. With last year's 02 team, he was carrying the truck. Now he's got a truck that can be upfront consistently, he doesn't need to take as many chances just to gain a spot or two. I'm no racecar driving savant by any stretch, but he has the talent. I will truly be surprised if he doesn't get a win in that truck this season. I expect him to also get more wins in both CARS tour divisions. I've said it on here a couple of times now. If I had the funds, he'd have a good, full-time ride in the CARS LMSC division. Because, even if the Niece deal doesn't get him full time, the LMSC wins will get him looked at by other teams in truck & Xfinity series'. Al Niece has built quite the business, and I'm glad the he loves racing like he does. But I don't think that he has Gene Haas money, so it hurts me every time I see him having to self sponsor. Hopefully Kaden or Niece can find enough sponsorship money to get him in the seat for a full season.  

Kaden will be running this coming Wed at North Wilkesboro Speedway. He will be running for Tom Usury's team again (in the Wood Brothers red & white lookalike #17). He will have a teammate for that race too. Layne Riggs, the 2022 National Champion. I don't know what car number Riggs will be in, but I'll venture a guess that it will be painted like the 17. That would be a phenomenal win for Kaden, as there will be lots of eyes from the top 3 series watching. Because the full entry list isn't available, I don't know yet if he's going to race the Pro race in the #51 that he's been driving for. I hope he is able to run both. 

There is going to be several Cup & Xfinity drivers there as well. The full entry list isn't out for either the Pro Late Models or the LMSC events. The Pros will race a 100 lapper on Tues, (the winner last year was Angie Grill). The LMSCs will run for 125 laps on Wed, (Butterbean Queen was last year's winner). Both days will be on FloRacing live. 

It's going to be fun, with the new asphalt that was laid down since last year. Makes me wonder which is more strove after, a Martinsville Grandfather clock, or an elevator ride to the roof at NW? Queen was so happy last year that I thought he was going to float up there, and carry his car with him. Hoping for some great racing both nights, and not a crash fest. 

Well, due to weather, Kaden will be pulling the double on Wed. Everything that was supposed to be run tomorrow at North Wilkesboro has been pushed to Wed. I can also tell you there will be cars that probably won't make the race. There are 44 LMSC cars entered, and 33 Pro LMs entered. Steven Nasse will also do the double. Peyton Sellers is going to make a start in the LMSC race. There's a lot of very good cars entered in both races.

Well, rain is still messing with everything at N Wilks. About half of the Pro LMs got qualified, then the rain started. Then CARS management canceled their qualifying, and the race will go off 2023 & 2024 owners points (not enough race dates in 2024, so they added the 2023 owners points). They still haven't said if they will start all od the Pro LMs that showed up. But because of all of this, Kaden Honeycutt will start from the pole position. 

There was 1 car, that was driven by a guy that I hadn't seen/heard of before. I might not have even noticed, until the announcer said his hometown. It was Clayton Green of Marble Falls, TX. It looked like he would have started in the top 15 before the rains came. They announced that he would start 27th. Maybe someone on this site can add some more about Mr Green's racing history.

They are still drying the track, but are hopeful to get the LMSC qualifying in. I have no idea how many cars the plan to allow to start the LMSC main. If it gets washed out, there will be some really good cars/drivers that are going to start way in the back, to include the NASCAR top 3 division drivers that are entered. The big problem for the CARS Tour is that they are up against an immovable drop dead time line. All of the All Star weekend races will own Thur- Sunday. So either they will need to get these races in tonight, or push everything out past Sunday. That would really hurt those smaller teams.

On 5/15/2024 at 7:55 PM, ron.brown11 said:

There was 1 car, that was driven by a guy that I hadn't seen/heard of before. I might not have even noticed, until the announcer said his hometown. It was Clayton Green of Marble Falls, TX. It looked like he would have started in the top 15 before the rains came. They announced that he would start 27th. Maybe someone on this site can add some more about Mr Green's racing history.

Clayton is Steve Green's son.  Steve raced for several years in Central/South Texas a decade or two ago. Ten years ago I wrote about Clayton's debut in an HMP press release.  

"Last time out (July 5) race fans witnessed the long-awaited debut of a “new style” NASCAR American Muscle Car (AMCAR) in the newly-created NASCAR division at HMP. Clayton Green, in a sharp-looking new Camaro built by his father and veteran-driver Steve Green, finished third in the feature behind points-leader David Webster and Nathan Demski. Green was battling Demski for second at one point and the car looked fast down the straights.

“'That was our first time out with the car and we need to work on the setup a little more,” the 17 year-old Green said. “I know it’s going to be plenty fast once we get it dialed in and we’re looking to win with it this week.”'

I understand that Clayton Green will be driving the #04 Roper Racing Team truck at North Wilkesboro Speedway tomorrow (May 18).

BTW, Steve's wife, Dana, would help out behind the scenes for whatever Texas series Steve was running at the time. Very personable and competent lady.

1 hour ago, NickHolt said:

I understand that Clayton Green will be driving the #04 Roper Racing Team truck at North Wilkesboro Speedway tomorrow (May 18).

BTW, Steve's wife, Dana, would help out behind the scenes for whatever Texas series Steve was running at the time. Very personable and competent lady.

That's good to hear Nick. Hopefully he'll have a good run there. I figured that you'd be the one to respond. Thanks for the info sir..