Cole Butcher in the CARS Tour Pro Late models

ron.brown11

Driving for Donnie Wilson, Cole Butcher led nearly the entire race at Hickory. Kaden Kvapil finished 2nd. The points leader Katie Hettinger came home 4th. She had an 11 point lead coming into this race. I don't know their points structure per position, so not sure if Kvapil took the points lead or not, but I think she's still the leader. Unfortunately it took 24 hours to complete the race. They made 32 laps yesterday before the rains came. 

The top CARS Tout cars are coming up next.

I just found out that Kaden Honeycutt sits 4th in the points for the Late Model Stocks division. What's so great about that? He hasn't run all the races. He's starting 8th today.

Laine Riggs is running the Harvick #62 in the race. Let's see if that car is as awesome as it was last month after winning and then getting DQ'd.

25 laps in Honeycutt is still running 8th. Drivers are mostly riding, but there was 1 2 car spin. Minor damage for both. It's a bit hard watching this race, as they are doing a throwback to the stars of the USAR Hooters Pro Cup series. So a lot of different paint schemes & several number changes. 

Mason Diaz finally won a CARS Tour race. He ran a very good race, never falling lower than 3rd. Kade Brown, a local ran second, he started from the pole and ran top 2 the whole race. But the third place finisher had the best drive of the day. With 40 laps to go, he was running 24th. With 30 laps to got he was 15th. With 20 laps to go he was 5th. I would have loved to see a caution with 10 to go, as it would have been a heck of a finish. What a drive by Brendan "Butterbean" Queen! I believe he could have roughed up Kade Brown, as he ran him down from a full straightaway back in 5 laps. He never touched him. Last year at Langley (Hampton Heat), at his home track, Brendan was just 3-4 car lengths from going a lap down. He won the race. He also won the Hampton Heat a couple of weeks ago. For being so young, he sure has learned how to save/use his equipment. Brendan drives for Lee Pulliam, so he's in good equipment. If he continues on this trajectory, it won't be long before a team from the top 3 series comes a calling.