Another Texas Racer Gone Home! Jack Morris Sr. #73

trlrider

It is with a sad heart and great sadness to notify the Texas Racing Community we lost another Texas racer on December 31st.
Jack Morris Sr., driver for years of the #73 Late Model at many tracks across the state, and the TIDA Late Model series passed. 
There was never a dull moment with Jack around the shop, on the road, or at the track.  The man just loved to race and could do so much, with so little@
R.I.P. Jack Morris Sr.!

Quoted from his son Jason's Facebook page: " ust want to let everyone know we lost a great man /father today. He would do anything for anybody and never asked for anything in return. Jack Morris Sr. was not only my dad but my hero and one tough son of a bitch ( excuse my French ) . I have seen him go through race car and motorcycle crashes and then be good within a few days . Sometimes it would take more than a couple of days but he would be right back at it . I know he will be missed by many don’t think that there was many people that he met that didn’t like him . Love you Pops ."

May be an image of 1 person, standing and text that says 'S IM A TOYS R KID! 73'

May be an image of 1 person

Edited by trlrider

• trlrider changed the title to Another Texas Racer Gone Home! Jack Morris Sr. #73

Texas Grand Prix - Texas World Speedway - 1988
Ken Neal in the Freddy Fryar/Lyall Brothers car getting passed by Jack in the road course.

(NOTE: photo is not mine!  cannot remember the name of the photographer that took this shot.  Will edit and give credit if I figure it out.)

Jack_73_TWS1987.jpg

Edited by trlrider