AnY Pure Or Hobby Stock Drivers?

jcleaver17

When I asked someone about it they told me that it was a "cost saving" measure. If they want to cut cost make the motors in pure stock completely stock like a Road Runner

I'm the type of person that thinks that anything that you can do to keep the cars safer should not be optional. As I stated before there are plenty of other ways to cut cost on a "Beginer" class. First would be the motors as stated above and the biggest cost saving move would be to eliminate the "track" tire rule. As with most of my post these are just my Two cents.

Tell ME..someone...On A Purestock racecar, WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES THE TIRE MAKE?....It seems to me that it makes no difference what so ever.. And THR says they want the pure stock to be cheaper....well....$350 does not sound cheap to me for tires. when you can go and get some used tires for around $100 that will do the SAME job.......Srry but im just ranting.

Jonathan

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody know what is the best gear to run at THR for the pure stock class. I believe the 1982 LTD came with 3.55 as its highest gear ratio option. I am going to try and get the car out to the track asap, so the 302 will have to stay this season; with a 351 in mind for the future.

How much are those Hoosier tires for a set of 4?

Merideth, the tires might last longer and be faster.. but a street tire is cheap, can come with a road hazard, and a lot of people can get tire sponsers... I also believe front and rear loops should be allowed, ask a promotor after a wreck that bends the frame how much money he saved you...this would allow the cars to last longer and save alot in the long run, I have a car that has raced over 10 years, bet it would not be here without front and rear loops..

Archived