SAS fan to visit CCMS for the next 5 weeks

Mona

Owen & CCMS racers & fans,

My daughter is in Corpus for the next 5 weeks to get your new Academy Sporting Store open. She is a merchandiser for Academy. The merchandiser team plan on attending the races at CCMS on Saturday nights. I hope that you will put on a good show for them. If anyone needs a pit crew member, she is a pretty good one. She is a member of my team the few times that she gets to attend a race at SAS. She is not afraid to get greasy.

Please welcome them to your track,

Mona Turner

#19 SAS WOW rookie 2005

Slysnake,

I will pass the message along to her. The team did not get to make the race last night due to not getting off work in time. They work really long hours when opening new stores.

Corpus Christi as a whole has been very generous to the merchandisers already. It is the first city that they have worked in that has included them in local events. That is saying alot, since they travel to Tx, La, Al, Ms, Tn, Ar, Ok, Fl, Ga. They work in all major cities in all these states. I want to thank the citizens of Corpus for welcoming the Academy Team. These merchandisers spend many weeks away from home and family. Knowing that they are being welcomed to an area makes a mother feel good.

Thank You All,

Mona Turner

#19 SAS WOW rookie 2005

Thank you Owen and racers at CCMS for allowing my daughter and some of her Academy team to attend your races. 3 of them went this past SAturday. They said they had a blast. 1 of the guys, that has never been to a race before, won the fifty fifty drawing. He's ready to go back. Unfortunately, more did not attend the races. The team was given tickets to an arena football game and the rest of them went there or either they went home. Academy gave them off on Sunday, so some went home for Saturday night. They are back working long hours now and the 3 that did go to the races are ready to return.

Slysnake,

My daughter said that she is sorry that they did not get a chance to go by and say hi. She said it got late and one of the guys is an older gentleman and he was tired after working all day and then going to the races. She said that she did yell for you while you were racing.

Owen,

I know that we may have had our differences in the past, but you are one classey guy. I really appreciate what you have done for the Academy team. Believe me, they will be back.

Thanks to all, You know how to make a mother happy,

Mona Turner

#19 SAS WOW rookie 2005

Archived