Stuck in Traffic, Tracy and Joey 6th/9th,

Release: June 5, 2005

Stuck in Traffic, Tracy and Joey Tschoerner Finish Sixth and Ninth; Tracy Moves to Second in Points Ahead of Joey

Kyle – The green flag dropped on the Hobby Stock feature at Thunder Hill Raceway Saturday night and the outside line surged ahead while the inside lane was blocked by the polesitter as the high points cars were all trying to make their way up from the back of the grid. Rookie Cody Smith of La Vernia got the best break and made use of it, surging from the back to finish second behind Gary Chancellor, Jr. after getting his first win in the heat race. Taylor's Tracy Tschoerner and Bartlett's Joey Tschoerner both got shuffled even further to the rear and had to fight their way toward the front, but Tracy finished sixth and moved to second in points behind new leader Smith, with Joey dropping to third after finishing ninth.

The third member of the TBS Racing trio, two-time 2005 winner Kevin Bowen of Taylor, had the toe-in knocked silly and found his right wheel wanted to turn left and his left wheel wanted to turn right; somehow he kept it on the black part and even finished eighth, ahead of Joey Tschoerner, who was having problems of his own and wasn't handling well either. Those first few laps were wild.

Bowen is now in sixth in points, which means the "TBS Trio" will have to fight its way up from the back of the grid again when Thunder Hill resumes racing on June 18. Between the Hobby Stocks and the A-Line Auto Parts Street Stocks, the local classes are becoming the "action classes" at Thunder Hill.

###

T. Q. Jones, P. O. Box 91346, Austin, TX 78709-1346

PH: (512) 261-5236 Email: tqj@mindspring.com

You pay for what you get. TBS is most likely paying for this and yes it kinda sucks that this is the only press they get. Well we were there and we saw what really happen. I dont see anything in there about me but I dont pay for the press I will let my driving talk. Not bad for starting dead last and having a Rotor break to let tracy pass at the end and still finishing 7th.

It's not a track recap...Jeff Gordon's PR guy doesn't write stories about Tony Stewart...ok, maybe he is today!...Jon Sagester will write one that talks about the race...

I did have to laugh a little after reading this title spin compared to the total world domination stomping everyone's ass story that started all the smack talk the other week...kind of funny...

Stories aside, it would be great to see Tracy win the whole deal...

This section is specifically for announcements, press releases and results. I submit short summaries along with the results to the American-Statesman and to several other media outlets in the area. These include the Pflugerville, Cedar Park, Round Rock and Taylor papers, plus several TV stations, among others. Each local paper has a slightly different summary, focusing on the drivers from that area. (Ask THR SS driver Doug Ayers about coverage in Pflugerville, for instance.) For nearly all of this, and for making sure the calendar section of the Statesman has the info on each week's race (which they usually use), I don't get paid. But it has to be done.

Following is the summary sent yesterday with the results (see today's Statesman) to the American-Statesman.

Release: June 5, 2005

Ripple Wins A-Line Auto Street Stocks, Teer Keeps Points Lead;

Bartlett's Tschoerner Loses Points Lead as Chancellor Gets First Win in Hobby Stocks; Lynch Takes Win in Grands with O'Brien Holding Lead in Points

Kyle – Nine of the top ten A-Line Auto Parts Street Stock Series drivers and ten of the top 12 drivers in the Thunder Hill Hobby Stock Series were at Thunder Hill Raceway Saturday night, but both race wins came from drivers who aren't in the top ten as Granite Shoals' Doug Ripple led the A-Line Auto cars wire to wire while being pressed all the way by Bruce Hinson of Marble Falls.

Gary Chancellor, Jr. got his second heat race win and first feature race win in Hobby Stock as the Bastrop driver, like Ripple, benefited from starting at the front while the high points drivers have to race their way up from the back of the grid.

Points leader and defending champion Bobby Teer, Jr. of Comfort finished third in A-Line Street Stock ahead of Volente's Clint LaFont and San Marcos driver Cary Stapp.

Fifteen-year-old La Vernia driver Cody Smith got the best come-from-behind run in Hobby Stocks to finish second behind Chancellor and take over the points lead from Joey Tschoerner of Bartlett as both Joey and his niece Tracy were mired in traffic for most of the run, with Taylor's Tracy Tschoerner finishing sixth and uncle Joey in ninth. Tracy is now second in points with Joey in third.

In Thunder Hill Grand Stocks, Wimberley's Travis O'Brien (another of the teen contingent) tried in both the heat race and the feature to find a way around Cedar Park's Jim Lynch, Jr., but had to settle for second in both races, though he did keep the points lead.

Lots of people are deserving and it will be great for whoever wins. Like it or not, Tracy is probably the only one that could win at this level and it be deemed newsworthy by the local news media. If your driver has a press release, please submit it to TSZ and feel free not to mention anyone you don't want too.

racefan donna, if you want to get the glory, call up tq and get him to write about you. maybe tbs racing has payed tq to write their press releases, in that case you need to not worry about what tbs is doing and worry about what you are or are not doing.

big john

OK folks.

Enough is enough. This is the press release section and not a war zone!

If a forum member has a problem with another member, they should take it up with that person someone other than here on Texas Speed Zone.

Thanks for your understanding.

Nick Holt

Well said mr nick , Its a nice way of saying SHUT THa .... just kidding guys , :P you know i wouldnt say something like that. :rolleyes: Im ready for this weekend to get here , how about you guys . Lets set the record straight again for those who havent paid attn . TBS does not employ tq . He is a man on a mission who reports it as he sees it . just like everyone else on this site but with an experienced eye for whats going on out there . If you dont know the facts , zip it . That is how most of this gets started . Who read johns recap of the race? Well theres your sign . ;) TQ writes a great column even if we werent mentioned . We do appreciate all he does for us , it feels good even if we are not doing so good . But as always we will be back on top :D . If you perform , he writes , its that simple. Do a little research and you will find i am right . As for the rest of you goat herders see ya sat :lol: .

Archived