Texas Dirt Truck Series adds Texana Raceway to 2019 schedule

For immediate release:
TDTS Public Relations
Twitter: @PhilWhipple

Officials add new race at Texana Raceway for Texas Dirt Truck Series
Teams will converge in Edna, TX on June 8

SAN ANTONIO, Texas (March 16, 2019) — As the season opener at I-37 Speedway draws ever closer, officials at the new Texas Dirt Truck Series (TDTS) have announced a new race date.

On Saturday, June 8, the TDTS will visit the famed Texana Raceway in Edna, Texas. This well maintained 5/16-mile clay oval is home to some of the finest grassroots racing the Lone Star state has to offer. The track hosts six exciting classes every other week from late March through mid October.

“We're proud to be making a visit to Texana Raceway during our inaugural season,” series co-owner George Jones said. “They have a reputation for putting on solid shows, and we plan to give their fans a reason to cheer. It's an excellent addition to our schedule, one I feel the drivers will really enjoy.”

Teams at Texana will kick off their new season on March 30. There are 15 points-paying races on tap for 2019, along with visits from popular tours like the ASCS Sprint Car Series, the SUS Sprint Car Series and the POWRi Lonestar 600 Mini Sprints. It's a busy season until the finale on Oct. 12.

“Their fans get treated to some world class short track action on a regular basis,” series co-owner Mike Fortier said. “I think they'll enjoy seeing our trucks go at it on their home turf. This is a state-wide series, and we're proud to be racing at Texana. We're fortunate to have this opportunity.”

Texana Raceway first opened back in 1987. Despite being closed in 1990-91, it reopened in 1992 and has developed a solid fan base in recent years. After a successful race last fall, track promoter Rachel Densman and husband Kenny are adding IMCA Modifieds to their Saturday programs in 2019 as part of the South Central region.

“We're excited to be bringing the new Texas Dirt Truck Series to Texana,” Densman said. “We know how popular trucks are in this state, and we think George and Mike have a good concept with this series. I'm anxious to see them turn laps at our place, and I think our fans are in for a treat on June 8.”

Collin Hodges won the 2018 Limited Modified championship at Texana, while Adam Perks captured the Street Stock title. Johnny Westfall claimed the Pure Stock crown, while the Dwarf Car-ModLite title went to Victor Vargas. Edna, Texas, is located roughly 100 miles southwest of Houston.

To learn more about this fan-friendly facility, known as “Your favorite small town dirt track,” go to www.texanaraceway.com.

The Texas Dirt Truck Series was launched in October of 2018 and will make its on-track debut at I-37 Speedway in Pleasanton, Texas, on March 23. The series was created on the concept of offering an affordable yet highly-competitive and entertaining product based on Texan's love for pickup trucks.

For more information, please go to www.texasdirttrucks.com.

Texana Raceway Logo.jpg

TDTS Logo.jpg

Archived