CCMS Race Preview

For Immediate Release

Press and Public Relations Department

Bobby Chaffee, Public Relations Director

Ph: (903) 576-4144 (512) 557-7393

Bobby@digitalgrease.com

Excitement For Corpus Christi Race Continues To Rise

Corpus Christi, Texas (May 11, 2005) – United States Racing Association (USRA-TX) race teams are loading up and heading south to the bullring know as Corpus Christi Motor Speedway.

The excitement of the south Texas racing scene is heating up. The level of intensity and excitement are starting to move up the scale as the USRA Super Late Model and All Star Race Truck Teams prepare for the series’ first stop in Corpus Christi, Texas.

The car count for both of the USRA racing divisions is anticipated to be large enough to entertain the race fans in attendance. USRA officials look forward to a good turnout of Super Late Model drivers. The series is expecting around 18 competitors to be entered into the event on race day. The series predicts a similar turnout for the All Star Race Truck drivers with a field consisting of around 20 race trucks.

Terry Dickerson, USRA President and CEO, commented on the Corpus Christi Motor Speedway Race. “I am really positive that the car and truck counts will be fine for the race in Corpus. I have been on the phone talking to competitors in both divisions. Everyone that I have spoken with is very exciting and upbeat about racing in Corpus Christi this weekend. I am hopeful that some of the drivers and teams that I left messages for will also load up and race this weekend. We know things can happen and for some reason drivers and teams can not make races but the USRA is confident that the drivers will be in attendance this weekend to support the series and racing in general. I have never been to Corpus Christi Motor Speedway before. I have heard many good things about the track, the track management, and the racing. It sounds a lot like Bristol Motor Speedway. Everyone has told me it is a small bullring with high banks, mixed in with contact and some crashing. I can not wait for it to start.”

The racing action begins Friday afternoon with a practice session from 2pm – 8pm. The USRA will also be holding a meet and greet on Friday from 2pm – 4pm. The series’ main event will be on Saturday night starting with qualifying at 7pm with opening ceremonies at 7:30pm.

Corpus Christi Motor Speedway is located at 241 Flato Road in Corpus Christ. For more information on Corpus Christi Motor Speedway log on to the speedway’s website at www.ccmotorspeedway.com

For more information on the United States Racing Association please visit the series’ website at www.USRASpeed.com

###

Archived