USRA Track Management Group Looking Forward To Spr

For Immediate Release

Public Relations Department

Bobby Chaffee, PR Director

(903) 576-4144, (512) 557-7393

Bobby@digitalgrease.com

USRA Track Management Group Looking Forward To Spring Fling

San Antonio, TX (April 27, 2005) – The USRA Track Management Group is working very hard to insure a great racing program for the first ever Spring Fling 75. The Spring Fling 75 is the first major NASCAR Dodge Weekly Series event at San Antonio Speedway under the new management group.

USRA Track Management Group CEO, Terry Dickerson commented on this special extended racing event. “We are hoping for a good turnout of drivers for this weekend’s race. The fans want to see the high speed Late Models running the high banks of the speedway and that is what I want to give them.”

Dickerson also commented on the larger purse. “We know that it is not cheap to operate these cars so we wanted to reward these guys and gals with extra purse money to go along with the extended laps. We are paying $1,500 to win and $250 to start. Terry Barden and I decided to move up the payout for the rest of the field so that we could help as many drivers as we could become licensed members of NASCAR. All drivers that compete in any NASCAR sanctioned race in any division will need to have the NASCAR license. This is just another way we have come up with to help our racers out. Crew members do not need to have the NASCAR license but will have to pay $10 more for a pit pass.”

SAS General Manager Terry Barden commented on the NASCAR licenses. “Terry Dickerson and I have been in contact with NASCAR over the license and pit passes. While a pit crew member does not need to purchase the NASCAR license for entry, the track would strongly recommend that they do. It goes far beyond just gaining a $10 deduction at the pit gate. Becoming a licensed NASCAR member will have benefits away from the track. It will also save the crew member money if they plan to attend the races more than nine times.”

The NASCAR license will not be required for any touring series that compete at San Antonio Speedway. It will only be required for any drivers in a NASCAR sanctioned division at the speedway.

Terry Dickerson also commented on the weekend’s races. “I look forward to working with Wayne Norrell and his fine staff that run the TAMS series. I have not worked with Wayne before but Terry Barden has. I want this Spring Fling to become an annual event that we run every year. I also want the drivers in the other SAS divisions to know that we have not forgot about them. This weekend the focus will be one the Late Models. A few weeks ago it was the Sportsman division that ran with the USRA. We want to do something special with all of our classes at SAS. Road Runner and Women on Wheels division drivers be ready your turn is coming up.”

The Spring Fling 75 is an open invitation race open to all Texas Late Models. For more rules and information on the event contact SAS General Manager, Terry Barden at (210) 827-4524, or visit www.SanAntonioSpeedway.com.

For more information on the USRA Track Management Group please visit their website at www.USRAspeed.com

Archived