Texas Super Coupes I-37 results, 5/23/04

NickHolt

This report was provided by Michelle Kelly

The Texas Super Coupes Association

Race 3 Re- Cap

The Texas Super Coupes took to the track at I 37 Speedway Friday night for Race 3 of the season and what a spectacular show it was for the fans.

The heat races were won by a father and son team of Brian Shaw # 2 winning the first heat and Brian’s dad Herb Shaw # 1 winning heat race #2. The father and son team continued the battle in the main event with the father & son team battling for the lead when the green flag fell. Brian Shaw #1 took the lead with George Bumper #9 getting around Herb Shaw #1 for second then after rubbing paint with the leader George Bumper’s #9 started felling back in the field. Quentin Henderson # 44 and Patrick Kelly #84 coming from the back of the pack had their own battle on-going with Quentin #44 on the outside Patrick took the inside passing Quentin #44 and George #3 for 2nd place. Sparks started fly with two laps to go and the fans realized it was not fireworks that it was the leader Brian Shaw’s left front ball joint had broken as he took the white flag. Patrick Kelly #84 was gaining ground with the rest of the field coming fast. Brian Shaw #2 did an outstanding job of handling his Coupe for the final lap taking the checked flag. Patrick Kelly #84 taking 2nd and holding onto the Points lead. George Bumper’s #9 inched out Quentin Henderson #44 taking 3rd giving Quentin a 4th place finish. Herb Shaw #1 came in 5th, Bob Henderson #44too finished 6th, Jerry Dechart #3 a close 7th, and crossing the finish line in 8th was Dewayne Bumpers # 93.

The Texas Super Coupes will return to I-37 Speedway on June 27th. Check out our web site for more information at www.texassupercoupes.com See ya at the races !

Results of the Texas Super Coupes Association event at I-37 Speedway, Friday, 5/23/03

Heat 1 Winner - Brian Shaw

Heat 2 Winner - Herb Shaw

Feature

1. (2) Brian Shaw, Elmendorf

2. (84) Patrick Kelly, Seguin

3. (9) George Bumpers, San Antonio

4. (44) Quentin Henderson, San Antonio

5. (1) Herb Shaw, Elmendorf

6. (44too) Bob Henderson, San Antonio

7. (3) Jerry Dechert, San Antonio

8. (93) Dewayne Bumpers, San Antonio

Archived