Qualifying or heats?

JustaFan

Maybe qualifythe top 20 and let the rest race to fill out the field,it would give them an extra practice to dial in their cars?

Given the TSRS longer races we are putting a lot of laps on our stuff and the heat races only add to those laps. Plus, for some reason the heats always seem to be tough on equipment. Maybe because you've got 6 to 8 cars trying to take the win in a 8 lap shootout.

That said, I prefer to qualify.

I can't speak for any of the other guys but for us 1000 laps and the motor comes out. Transmissions last about as long. Springs seem to have about a 6-8 race life and shocks make it about half the season.

No doubt about it, watching qualifying can be boring to all but the most die-hard fan. HLM04 brings up a good point but I'd say that there's another reason equally as important. We've yet to tear up a race car qualifying. JP

We only have one engine so yes. The TSRS purse structure is fantastic, especially for a new series. As with most series though, it costs more to put the car on the track than you can possibly win. Not a complaint, that's just Saturday night racing. A TSRS win comes alot closer to covering our "nut" than any other series or weekly show that I've participated in though. JP

Because alot of people are not in it for the money. Kind of like fishing. Costs a TON to go fishing all the time and you can't really get your money back...unless your a guide or a pro.

Jason

Following Jason's fishing example that would be a logical question. Unlike virtually every other aspect of short track racing, heat race starting positions are awarded, not earned. Typically the slower cars are given starting positions in the front for no reason other than that they are slower. Some reason that it makes for a better show although I'm not sure I'd agree.

Starting at the rear of a heat race puts the car at significant risk to serious damage before the event even starts. Regardless of how fast your car is, at tracks that are difficult to pass on, like THR, the chances are good you will tear something up trying to pass 8-10 cars in 10-12 laps

Our goal is to win the TSRS points championship this year. With only 11 events scheduled every race is critical. JP

The TSRS Series will have time trials the remainder of the series. The role of the dice at opening ceremonies will determine how many cars to invert. It makes it exciting for everyone! Well, at least I think so....

Stacy Tiemann

Director of Scoring - TSRS

I understand what y'all are saying. When will the next pit stop competition take place? That was pretty cool. I thought the SA track was good because it had a scoring tower for the qualifying. It does seem that passing is very hard at THR. I might be wrong but I think the first four cars ran in the same position all race long. Starting on the pole is an obvious advantage there. What about a mandatory green flag stop for everybody to shake things up?

Archived