Racing Politics

J-III

Now I am going to start off by saying that the information that I have is second hand, thus I am open to anyone with firsthand knowledge who can clear up this sticky situation. A few weeks ago, a driver at SAS chose to forfeit his finish and be disqualified because he had borrowed an engine and did not want to lose it to inspection. From what I was told the track management/officials aggreed that upon returning to the track the car would be inspected to ensure fair racing for all.

According to what I have been told this racer returned last week to SAS and had success. The interesting part of this is that the heads were never pulled to ensure the met specifications. I was also told that the driver was told to produce a receipt stating that he has obained the engine from an engine builder who is very popular at the track. The officials accepted the receipt as proof that the engine was now legal.

Again I must restate that this is second hand knowledge and I am very open to anyone who can provide first hand facts on this situation. However, if this is true it brings great concern to me as a car owner and fear that SAS and its new officiating crew may be digging a new hole for itself. I hope someone can shed some light on this as well as adding there own opinions.

First off let me start by saying that if any one has a problem all they have to do is put there money where there mouth is. The new head offical came by the shop and checked the heads and many other parts when we had the motor apart. He wrote down the casting numbers and used some kind of marker to sign his name to the front of the heads. If you or any one else wants to come by and take a look you can find me in the pits or leve a message with a number to contact you and you can come by the shop and i will show you.

Billy Becka

GOOD RACE MR. BECKA. CAR LOOKED AWESOME. HOPEFULLY WE'LL HAVE A GOOD COMPETITIVE RACE IN THE SPORTSMAN CLASS NOW. IT ISN'T EXCITING TO WATCH ONE DRIVER TAKE A RACE WITH NO REAL COMPETITION OUT THERE. WHAT HAPPENED TO JUSTIN OATES LAST SATURDAY???

Yes they certainly do carry a bunch of corner speed, Mine was dialed in very well in the main. These cars are completely adjustable, from coil overs to rod ends on uppers and lowers, quick change rear-ends. A lotta fun to drive!I just need to fine tune the engine to get a little more off the turns. Probably jetting or timing or something like that.

I'm gonna try and do a thursday night practive either next week or the week after at Kyle. I'll let you know, bring your helmet and have some funm with us.

Mel

Archived