TSRS honors Texas Racing Legend

Texas Super Racing Series

Public Relations Office (512) 784-3026

Series Information Line (512) 247-4041

Press Office Phone (281) 482-6798

Press Office Fax (281) 648-4601

Texas Super Racing Series Honors Texas Legend With "Papa New 100"

By: Pat Mayberry

The name "Papa New" means something to race fans in Central Texas. Papa New has been involved with racing for more years than anyone can remember and is one of those living legends in Texas racing history. That is why Texas Super Racing Series founder, Mary Ann Naumann, wanted to do something special for her longtime friend as her late model touring series prepares to open its' third season this Saturday night.

"Luther New, fondly known as Papa New, has been involved in stock car racing probably as long as anyone in this area and I am honored to have been his friend for all these years. I personally know and respect him and I just wanted to show him the respect he deserves for all the years he has supported stock car racing in Central Texas," Naumann said.

The "Papa New 100" will be held this Saturday, April 9th, at beautiful Thunder Hill Raceway in Kyle, TX. Come on out and meet this living legend.

Tickets for the race are only $12.00 for adults and $6.00 for children between ages 6-12. Children under 5 are free! A $2.00 discount is available for all Military, Senior Citizens and College students with a valid ID. For more information on the Texas Super Racing Series please visit their web site at www.manracingpromotions.com.

Archived