Trucks at SAS

Truck99

Jon was leading the whole race up to lap 35... either the motor or something failed to make the motor quit right infront of the field at the end of the back straight... he was a ping pong ball with other trucks and the turn 3 wall after that. He had them covered til then. Sorry about the bad luck Jon.

I think he qualified 6th but drew a 1 on the invert...10 qualified 1st...

66 found the turn 4 wall while in the front (top 6 pack)...10 was also involved and messed up something his right front..both left on the wrecker...wasn't able to talk to them to find out what happened...I failed the Holt Suspension Set-up Test and so I wasn't close enough to see first hand...

54 was also running in the front pack and blew a rr tire due to debris and shot up into the turn 1-2 wall...

Tough night for those three very good trucks...the 30, 28, and 21 were strong all night along with the three with tough luck...

The last lap for 4th-8th was worth the price of admission...

I failed the Holt Suspension Set-up Test and so I wasn't close enough to see first hand...

If I'm not mistaken, the #10 who set fast time sat right across from you in class.. <LOL>

Larry, I want you to come to the next 6-week session this fall.

Nick Holt

your learning sean-"IF" is a big word in racing-its used alot

Our truck wasn't there due to , Well "Me!" I'm messed up and didn't get the job done. But I'm with Sean, Rusty did one HELL of a job. For the first time ever racing on SAS in a Truck. Compared to some others, well I'd say he made a statement...

We would have been more competitive if it wasn't for a bad rear gear. We knew it was bad,we asked everybodyin the trucks if they had parts or another rearend,but no one had anything to help us. So we went out and did the best with what we had. Josh had to be easy on and off the throttle, but around lap 24 it started vibrating so bad he had to pull off.

I take full responsibility for his finish, I should have done a better job setting the rear end up. He will be a factor at kyle-I PROMISE YOU!!!!!

I also want to thank Jon Denham-Mike Garrett-Steve Green-Rusty Mirth-And good old Tex-Mex for the help on saturrday.

Thanks Tommy

Gunar,

Sorry we couldnt help more. If you need any help the future just let us know and try our best. You know how it is "Rookies got to stick together"

You know though Starting in the rear of the field in Kyle is going to make it hard for us rookies to get to the front.

sean B)

Great job Jon! You had the whole field covered until the motor broke. Great job Bryan for missing him but I cant' say that for the #10. The mark of a good driver is to expect the unexpected and know what to do when it happens. Jon got out of the way as far as he could. Bryan bumped him but that's understandable when you're about 2 car lengths behind. I love Robert, crew, and his whole family personally but it seems that when the pressure is on and something happens in front of him, it gets compunded. I know it wasn't intentional but you have to be ready to avoid things like what happened Saturday night. Now instead of just a broke motor, the crew has to fix a bent frame and all of the body damage. All of this could have been avoided if everyone would look further down the track than just over the end of their hoods.

i was at the races at sas maybe you saw the accident from a diffrent angle then i did but the #10 truck was on the outside of the #30 truck going into turn three when the 30 bumped the 66 he went up the track and right into the 10 truck just what is saw though so it dosent matter but great race for the trucks alot of trucks and good racing

Andy "drive for 5" ( its a jeff gordon reference Jason) always has a strong and unique perspective...66 is his bro...stuff happens fast in the lead pack in the middle of the corner, esp at SAS, not a lot of places to go once your off in there...trucks aren't very nimble in that position...bad place to be...If he would have laid into the brakes in the corner, it could have been worse...I suppose the 10 could have turned right instead!

Archived