TEXAS PRO SEDANS at CCMS

NeilTPS

TPS Starts 30th Year at C.C. Motor Speedway April 9

San Antonio, Texas

The Texas Pro Sedans touring series will open their 2005 season with a race at C.C. Motor Speedway on Saturday night, April 9th. The Texas Pro Sedans will be initiating their 30th consecutive season of four cylinder stock car racing at the quarter mile, high banked

Corpus Christi asphalt track.

The Texas Pro Sedans event will consist of 2 laps of Qualifying Time Trials, a 10-15 lap,

Last Chance Qualifying Race (if needed) and a 25 Lap Feature Race. The race will be run

under TPS rules and procedures in which yellow flag laps are not scored. A green-white-checkered flag is required to officially finish a TPS race under full racing conditions.

Texas Pro Sedans Series Race and Administrative Director, Neil Upchurch has announced

that a pre-entry list of 23 Texas Pro Sedans have so far been received for this event.

Included in the race entry list are the two drivers who have won seven TPS Driver

Championships over the past 29 seasons and three other significant drivers:

Bill LaBarge of Bryan owns and drives the #27 BMW. He is the only six time TPS Champion in its 29 year history and will defend his 2004 TPS Championship in the 2005 season. During the 2004 season he won four of the twelve TPS season races.

Donnie Moore of Hutto, Texas driving the # 70 VW Scirocco won five of twelve 2004 TPS races. Moore was second in 2004 TPS Driver’s points and was the 1990 TPS Champion..

Bryce Dishman of Devine, Texas won the 2004 “TPS Rookie of the Year” title. He plans to file entry for the C.C. Motor Speedway race in his #1 Ford Mustang.

Lalo Leal of Corpus Christi was victorious in two of the three TPS races at C.C. Motor Speedway during the 2004 TPS season. He will again drive his # 26 Ford Mustang.

He finished third in 2004 TPS points.

G.B Carter of Harlingen has filed his entry. He was victorious in a large number of

Thunder Class races at C.C. Motor Speedway during the 2004 CCMS season. He will compete in his # 77 VW Rabbit under a special rules exemption allowed by TPS for CCMS cars.

A complete program of CCMS Super Street and Bomber Division racing and an appearance by the Allison Legacy Series will also highlight the April 9th racing program at C.C. Motor Speedway.

CCMS Thunder Car drivers expecting to file entry for this race can save $10 on their entry fee. Contact Neil Upchurch at 210/655-3222 for more information.

21 cars !!!!! This is going to be a barn burner for sure.Maybe I bit off more than I can chew this time.I know how fast these Pro guys are,especially Lalo at CC who holds the record time that he got breaking a 24 year old record.Add a couple of 7 time champions,Mister Excitment Jamie Gardner,Mr Serious Sergio, the Imfamous Donnie Moore,and a bunch of bad fast other drivers along with some rookies on a really tight super fast track and Bristol will look tame.My goal is to survive and try for a top 5 finish.I am going to run exactly as the car was this weekend.I dont have any special parts and everytime I change the car up a lot to go faster I make it worse.After this race I can change up for the next one maybe.I am going to change tires.I only wish we could invert the entire field and run for 50 laps.Wouldnt that be extra exciting? DONT MISS THIS ONE !!!!!!! THUMPER

Archived