Turbo 350

When i put it into first gear there was a noise that sounded like a driveshaft rubbing on something. I got under the truck and looked and everything is at least 6 inches away from the driveshaft. Im not sure that the noise is coming from the tansmission but that was just a guess. also it only makes the noise when put in gear. any help would be appreciated

Does it make the noise while moving or stopped? If it makes noise while stopped it could be the converter. Check to see if all the converter bolts are tight and that the trans is flush against the block. If those two things are alright and it still makes noise while stopped then I would think you have a problem inside. But if it only makes noise while moving then it could be a lot of things that dont have anything to do with the trans. Noises that sound like they are coming from one place can be coming from the other end of the car. Put it up on stands all the way around and put it in gear and have someone go around the car to find out where its really coming from. Heck, it cound be a wheel bearing up front or the rear end in back. I wish I had the answer your looking for but I dont. If your luck is like mine youll be looking for days but youll find it. Just hope its not one of those noises that cost more than the car is worth.

Archived