THR and TSRS Form Partnership

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

THR and TSRS Form Partnership

KYLE—The future is looking brighter for Central Texas racing at Thunder Hill Raceway (THR) as Thunder Hill General Manager Brian Callaway, and Texas Super Racing Series (TSRS) Founder and Director Mary Ann Naumann have joined in partnership to expand the opportunities for sponsors, drivers and fans.

Brian Callaway stated that he is “Looking forward to again working with Mary Ann.” “Her enthusiasm, professionalism and dedication to the sport of auto racing will bring a needed boost to Thunder Hill,” exclaimed Callaway.

This partnership, in conjunction with the recent announcement of the United States Racing Association (USRA-TX) Track Management Group taking over operations of San Antonio Speedway means a new and exciting future for racing in Texas.

Both Callaway and Naumann have a close working relationship with the new management group at San Antonio, and anticipate a successful operation of both tracks, to the benefit of everyone involved in, and interested in, racing.

“I am so excited that Brian and I have completed our negotiations and have committed to working together to let race fans know exactly where Thunder Hill Raceway is, and what they have been missing,” remarked Naumann.

Does this mean the Texas Super Racing Series plans to go away? “Heck no,” Naumann stated, “With this partnership and the USRA-TX Track Management Group taking over SAS, we are all planning on much more to help the race fans all over Texas get to see the best racing action around on any given Saturday night.”

“I am extremely happy for SAS, and very excited to be working with the officials and staff at Thunder Hill Raceway,” she commented.

After the Thunder Hill partnership was finalized, Jim Lynch was quoted as saying, “I’m excited to be stepping out of the operations end of racing, and I’m ready to come race and have fun.” Jim, and his son, Jim, Jr., are anticipating some Grand Stock racing this season

Thunder Hill Raceway opens their 2005 season on Saturday, April 9 with "Testing & Tuning" scheduled for tomorrow, Saturday, March 26, beginning at 11:00 a.m. Fees are $20 per car/driver, $15 for anyone else going into the pit area, and free to the grandstands.

The USRA Super Late Models and Trucks will open their season Saturday, April 2, at San Antonio, after being rained out last week at Houston. They appear for the first time at Thunder Hill Raceway on April 23.

-30-

Speaking in behalf of the car owners and drivers and all members and officials of the Texas Pro Sedans - we all say - this is a 30th birthday gift that we very much appreciate.

Brian and Mary Ann, we'll see you on April 30 for the first of eight TPS races at Thunder Hill Raceway.

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

The future of stock car racing in Central / South Texas has never looked brighter.

H.E. and Mary Ann Naumann have proven their dedication to the sport for many years. Nothing but good can come of this partnership.

Let's all pitch in to keep this wave of enthusiasm - which I believe took root right here on Texas Speed Zone - headed in a good direction!

Nick Holt

Archived