Unzicker rebounds for DIRTcar Clarksville Summer Nationals win

NickHolt

Unzicker Rebounds for Clarksville Summer Nationals Win - Points leader Bobby Pierce has rare bad luck

CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. - June 28, 2016 - Ryan Unzicker has been charging through Summer Nationals but has not had the finishes he would have hoped. That changed Tuesday night at Clarksville Speedway as he was able to claim his first DIRTcar Summer Nationals victory of the season.

Unzicker started on the front row with current points leader and reigning Summer Nationals champion Bobby Pierce to his outside. Pierce fell back to sixth early and then got tangled in a crash - he ultimately finished 18th.

Unzicker jumped to the early lead with Tanner English taking second. The two battled throughout the feature as Terry English, father of Tanner English moved into third. Unzicker nearly had his night ended as he tangled with a lapped car, but he was able to keep running.

The win is English's first Summer Nationals victory since 2013.

"We started off slow with the Summer Nationals but we're coming along now. I'm just a real good (low-groove) racer and I've been coming down (to Clarksville) for many years for the Toilet Bowl and the Summer Nationals, and I've just got my own little setup here," said Unzicker, who won Toilet Bowl event at the track over the winter. "It played in my favor a little bit with the rain (staying) on the bottom, but our car's been running good here for four or five nights in a row."

The DIRTcar Summer Nationals returns to action tonight at Belle Clair Speedway in Belleville, Ill.

Follow the Summer Nationals and Summit Modified Nationals on Twitter at Twitter.com/SummerNationals or on Facebook at Facebook.com/SummerNationals. Stay up-to-date with the latest news from the series throughout the lead up and the summer on the series' websites at TheHellTour.com and ModifiedNationals.com.

DIRTcar Summer Nationals Statistical Report; Clarksville Speedway; Clarksville, Tenn.

A-Main: 1. Ryan Unzicker (El Paso, IL), 2. Tanner English (Benton, KY), 3. Terry English (Benton, KY), 4. Bob Gardner (East Peoria, IL), 5. Gordy Gundaker (St Charles, MO), 6. Caleb Ashby (Cunningham, TN), 7. Kyle Beard (Trumann, AR), 8. Brent Larson (Lake Elmo, MN), 9. Wendell Wallace (Batesville, AR), 10. Richard Frost (Clarksville, TN), 11. Ross Camponova (Clarksdale, MS), 12. Larry Greer (Bowling Green, Ky), 13. Daniel Hopper (Peru, IL), 14. Austin Rettig (Sikeston, MO), 15. Mark Voigt (Marine, IL), 16. Levi Ashby (Cumberland Furnance, TN), 17. Jacob Minon (Adams, TN), 18. Bobby Pierce (Oakwood, IL), 19. Jason Feger (Bloomington, IL), 20. Jeffrey Bailey (Calvert City, KY), 21. Mitchell Lingauer (Clarksville, TN), 22. Jim Moon (New Florence, MO), 23. Timothy Culp (Sheridan, AR). Hard Charger: Ross Campnova.

Archived