THR going under

WildRacer5

Has anyone else heard the rumors that THR is really out of money and may not be able to finish out the year?

Before any of the powers that be read this and accuse me of bashing what follows is hypothetical intended only as an example. Wildracer5: You will never race because you'll never get a good enough job to be able to afford it and you manage what little finances you do have so poorly you'll be bankrupt before October. Now obviously that isn't true, heck I don't even know you. How did it make you feel though? Now imagine you are a track owner and read a post like the one that opened this thread. Unlike the rest of us, racing is their livelihood. Lets give these folks a break, it's only because they chose to make their living by investing in a race track that the rest of us can enjoy what we love. I've seen alot of positive posts about SAS, how about giving the Callaways equal time. JP

Well JP I did take that as a bash and a kick in the pants below the belt. Now if you would have stated the same point in the form of a question I would not have taken it the same. However I guess that next time I ask a question on this forum, I will be sure to make the question mark in bold so that some will not take it as a bash. I WAS ONLY ASKING A QUESTION!!!

At what point does "Has anyone else heard the rumors that THR is really out of money and may not be able to finish out the year?" go past asking a question and become a bash?

To answer your question about being a track owner I would read the post and then respond by answering the question, some what like Mr Sepich does for SAS.

WildRacer5,

The answer to your question from my perspective is no. Rumors like that have "flown" around during the previous two seasons, and thankfully Mr. Callaway and Mr. Lynch have proven them to be wrong. I hope they continue to do that. Would you care to reveal the source of the rumor?Good luck to everyone this Sat.

Chase <_<

it aint safe too ask jack on here is it? he only asked because he probably knew he would get a truthful answer to a nasty rumor. then you all have too be all up tight about it. i mean there are so many rumors im sure everyone hears in the racing community (sa and austin). i myself have heard my fair sure. is mike sepich going too really quit after this year?? i heard that one from some sas officals family memeber? another is that after this year the 04 racing season at sas is up in the air? that one came from a certain sas member who sells pics for fascar?

Calvin,

Yes, it is safe to ask questions here. As you say, WildRacer5 was just looking for an honest answer and he got it from people in the know. That's what this forum is for. The exchange of information among people who have in interest in Texas Stock Car racing.

Granted, some of the responses were strong and to the point, but nobody was bashing WildRacer5 (except in the hypothetical example the JP17 provided, and he explained why he used that example in his post).

I see where you have decided to post a couple of questions about rumors you have heard from people who might have some inside information about the future of SAS. Perhaps those insiders could enlighten us...

Nick Holt

Thanks to all for the input on my question. I do apologize for the confusion on the title of my thread. I give thanks to all those that gave thier input and gave honest answers. Allthough some may not think it, I do wish THR the best of luck for the future. I do hope that THR and Bad Boyz can work together. I really am looking foword to the possibility of going racing two nights a week.

As in all types of business, times are rough. The rumour that THR is going under has been just that since the day it opened 6 years ago????? My challenge to you all is to see what you can do to help local racing at all tracks. Lets do our part to make racing at all tracks the best it can be. Encourage family and friends to come out and enjoy local stock car racing. Act professionally as a racer and courteous as a fan. My hat is off to all the track owners in the area. There are easier and more profitable ways to live. :)

I WONDER WHY THR DOESNt HAVE A FAMILY DISCOUNT ON TICKETTS EVERYBODY HAS TO COMPETE FOR ENTERTAINMENT DALLORS IT SEEMS TO REASON THAT IF YOU PUT A FAMILY PACKAGE TOGETHER TO GET MORE PEOPLE IN THE STANDS EVERY BODY WOULD WIN IF YOU LET A FAMILY OF 5 IN FOR 30 BUCKS YOU COULD MAKE UP FOR IT AT THE CONCESSION STAND

Archived