start swap meet

dirty

thanks to the start crew,thr and everyone who put in time to make it happen. it was nice to spend the afternoon at the track and for once some racers made a few bucks instead of spending them. very laid back and mellow and decent turnout.it was nice to see some familiar faces. thanks again and good luck with the start venture you have my support. jay gordon

Dirty, It was fun for all. The raffle benefited the kids club, There was a lot of cool rides there...some picking up trophies. You missed out on my homemade chili but a bunch of folks enjoyed it. I would like to thank Charles and Bobby for helping me load up when the bottom fell out of the sky. I've been doing the swap meet scene for a long time and one thing I heard from many others in attendance was we need a swap meet in this area. Hopefully this will become a regular event. Oh yeah... for those of you who enjoyed the chili just want you to know it's 110 octane. :D

Fast 18

Always look foward to your chili its the peppers that get me lol . The swap meet was alot of fun with a good turn out but mostly street rod people not to many racers. I would like to see a swap meet there aleast a couple times a year. Good job to everyone that put it on.

Brian, Charles, START, etc.,

We would also like to thank everyone involved with putting on this event. A lot of fun. It was great success, from what we saw and heard from other sellers. We sold enough to buy a set of tires! We would love to see this event happen again soon. We'll bring more to sell next time.

What a crowd. The advertising worked. It was great seeing the street rod'ers and new folks out at the track. Potential new fans or drivers for Thunderhill. Liked looking at the show cars, too. The Thunderbolt was way cool.

Tommy & Teresa

Copied from Announcements

Many thanks go to MANY people! Saturday was a HUGE success with the help from EVERYONE in the racing community. START really helped in bringing together cooperation from Track Owners donating property, Series Owners donating trophies, Drivers donating their vehicles for show, Track Officials donating time to put everything together and even fans to aid the Official in putting things together - thanks to Aaron's Wife who was EXTREMELY helpful Saturday with START & JRA.

We hope to be bringing everyone another S&S VERY soon, so dig around in your garage and get ready to hopefully make some more $$ soon  :D

Teresa...or was that Tommy who posted ? I'm sure there will be new fans and I talked with a few people who were interested in racing. One guy had a ton of money tied up in his drag car but seemed a little bored. He really seemed very interested in trying something exciting. I told him how I took a few trips down the drag strip in the 80's and it doesn't compare to short track racing. I gave directions to quite a few people who didn't know there was a race track in their area.

take a trip in 2005 mickey-i know i was as excited standing next to some doorslammers this weekend launching from a stand still on some hi 6 to 7 sec 1/4 mile passes as i get going into turn 1 on a start of a short track race-if the guy wants to sell his drag car get some info on it -i might find a buyer at the track where i work for his car and then you can put him in a short track car if hes looking-it will work for everybody-we gain another drag racer and thr gains another short track racer-let me know-glad to hear the swap and shine was a sucess-

Oh yeah... for those of you who enjoyed the chili just want you to know it's 110 octane.  :D

Swap N Shine was a good day. Lots of positive things happened on Saturday. As far as 110 octane I have to disagree. After the day that I've had.....I'd say that it is strait Methanol. :huh::blink::(:D

• 2 years later...

Archived