Loss of Sharon Wilkerson

debwill

I'm so sorry to share that Sharon Wilkerson passed away at 11:00 p.m. last night.

For those who may not know Sharon, she worked the pit gate at both San Antonio Speedway and Thunderhill Raceway. Her husband is Wynn Wilkerson, aka Elmer Jean, who was the track clown at San Antonio Speedway for many years. She is also survived by two sons, Aaron and Adam.

Sharon was diagnosed with breast cancer about three years ago and fought a tough battle against this ugly disease.

She was an amazing lady and will be truly missed by all of us. RIP, my dear friend Sharon.

I knew Sharon Wilkerson as did many racers she checked in at the SAS and THR pit gates. She was always very friendly.

My being a Texan, she had that big Texan smile which I always appreciated very much.

Wynn ... and the boys have suffered a big loss. Stay strong.

Debbie: Please post the funeral arrangements and guest book link when you obtain them.

Thank you - Neil Upchurch
Texas Pro Sedans Administrative & Publications Director

Neil,

What a great description of Sharon. She was certainly a very special lady.

Shown below are her funeral arrangements that were posted by Aaron Wilkerson:

Services have been scheduled and arrangements have been made. I would like to share the details with everyone.

The viewing has been scheduled for 6-8 pm on Friday, January 22, at Cook-Walden Funeral Home located at 6100 N Lamar, Austin, TX 78752

Services with be held Saturday, January 23, at 10 am at Cook-Walden Funeral Home.

Graveside services will follow at the cemetery located 14501 North IH-35, Pflugerville, TX 78660.

A donation page will be set up through American Cancer Society in Moms honor and details will follow soon.

Flowers may be sent to the funeral home. Her favorite color flowers were pink.

We welcome all that may attend and understand that all may not be able too.

I would like to thank everyone for the outpouring of love and support shown to my family the last few days. My mom would have appreciated it greatly. I know she is looking down smiling over us all with great pleasure as we prepare to celebrate her life.

Archived