Lone Star Legacy Awards Celebration at CTS, Saturday, Dec 12, 2015

NickHolt

I am by no means new to local short track racing. It has been a part of the Lovell family since at least the 60's. That being said, I just finished my rookie year as owner and part time driver in the Lone Star Legacy series. I know several of the people involved for many years but this was my first venture into this class. I have raced almost every kind of car across half the country and been involved in series such as the Nascar Busch Series, Craftsman Truck Series, Romco Super Latemodel Series, Texas Super Racing Series, Lucas Oil Modified Series and a host of others, and with all that experience I can with out a doubt say that I have NEVER had as much fun racing and being around such a great group of people. A lot of race tracks and series claim to have a family atmosphere, most are wrong. This is truly a blessing to be involved in such a wonderful class with wonderful people. James and Janette Huff have done more then an amazing job. They have resurrected a dead class that went down with a ton of controversy and have slowly developed a series for rookies and veterans alike to come to enjoy the one, and only one reason to race, for the fun of stock car racing. No pressure, no big series hype and whims, and no dog and pony show. Dont get me wrong, these cars are the real deal. I have just as much homework to do with my Legacy cars as I do my Pro Latemodel. This is a true racing class with out the crap. I just wanted to say to Nick, James and Janette that I know I speak for James Remore and myself when I say that this is by far the best place to be in racing. The awards were great and winning trophies is always a plus but being able to take to the track between people like Del Harris, Dillon and Allen Sampson, Huff and the rest and then afterwards being able to cut up and have a great time with the entire Fogg family, The Harris and Huff families, Larry and Sheila, Bob Riley and everyone else who makes the sport fun is more then a trophy or winners check can compare to.

Thank you all for the fun and fellowship that should always go hand in hand with hobbies such as this. Im looking forward to 2016 with more racers and crews joining the series. If i had any advice to give anyone who races it would be this, have fun because you are getting to enjoy something that most folks never do.

Cory

Cory,

James, Janette and I didn't enter into this deal with any desire except to create a series that you have described pretty much exactly. We knew what we wanted to create and we are grateful that others, like you and your entire team, have picked up on our intent and are on board with us.

We have no desire to make the Lone Star Legacy Series into anything other than a fun, family-oriented place to race the original Allison Legacys using the original Legacy rules. These cars are technically demanding, fully-adjustable, good-looking, reliable and economical. We love 'em and plan on racing them as long as there are folks wanting to race with us.

Thanks for sharing your support. It means a lot to us.

Nick

Archived