Ball and Stick Guys

ChuckLicata

Okay..

A few weeks ago, before the Talledega race, while I'm waiting in studio on a Friday to do a segment on KVET-AM 1300, The Zone, with Craig Way....the fill-in update guy asks me to give him some help on his fantasy racing team..I asked him who he had, and he told me (I believe the name Larry Foyt came up as one of his 5 drivers)...

Anyways..I asked what "kind" of fantasy league it was..he responded that it was a pickup league, with a salary cap...No problem, I told him..I said, "Okay, pick up Bobby Labonte, drop one of your higher-priced guys to fit Labonte under your salary cap...and, pick up Greg Biffle (who, at the time, was pretty low on the salary side).."

So, he did that.

Yesterday, I saw said fill-in-update guy...He said, "Yah, thanks for the advice for my fantasy racing team--I'm never gonna trust you again!"

Bewildered, I looked at him and said, "What are you talking about? Bobby Labonte has finished 2nd in the last 3 Cup races! And besides, Biffle is probably the hottest rookie in Cup right now!"

"Oh," he said. "I didn't know that. All I know is that Labonte crashed at the one race (Talladega) so I dropped him."

DUHHHHHH@!@@@@@!!!!!!

Hey Cleaver..

What makes it so funny is that I actually GAVE GOOD ADVICE for once! You've seen my "prognostications" on here, my "winning percentage" isn't much higher than anyone else..

However, I nailed this one dead-on...guess he coulda/shoulda shown a little more patience than just one race, huh? :D

Archived