ASA Tour

KC11

Just Recieved a fax about a new series using ASA Tour Cars.

As we all know, ASA annouced no races for 2005 and it is not looking good for Steve Dale and the ASA tour.

Keep in mind when you hear the name ASA be sure if you are hearing about the tour cars or the late model divison. The ASA Late models are completly seperate this year and a stand alone series with over 90 teams signed up for the 2005 season. a lot of the tour teams have gone to the Late Model division building new cars(offset or perimeter, 400hp create motor, ABC Body).

Fax:

"Janesville, WI. -- A meeting for ASA National Tour car owners is planned at 11 am Sat Feb 5 in Janesville , WI to discuss the formation of a new Midwestern circuit for the cars on paved tracks in a four to five state area.

Proposed name American Stockcar League coordinated through the Mid-Amrican Stock Car Series, Inc. of Baileys Harbor, WI. This company currently sanctions over 50 paved track races a year featuring 4 divisons from late models to trucks.

Mid-American Series President Gary Vercauteren,"We've talked to eight tracks that are interested in 2005 events for a 8 to 10 race shedule."

" We have to be realistic with what track promoters are willing to pay for this divison. At this point the car owners are looking for any help they can get from sponsors. We intend on setting up a schedule that does not conflict with the ASA Late Model divison and the Medwest Allstar LAte Models because a number of teams we've been talking to have made plans to race in one of these two series in 2005," Vercauteren said.

There are over 100 of these cars in the Midwest. It would be a shame if they let them stand idle.

If anyone wants the entire fax post your fax number and I will send it.

I wish them all the best because I still believe that ASA has one of the best race car packages out there.

Kirby Caldwell

Archived