Lone Star Legacy schedule change - April 25

NickHolt

James Huff and I will be racing at the final Texas World Speedway event that we will be able to compete, on April 25 and will not be available to run the Lone Star Legacy series that night at CTS. I know this is not very good for the series since we already announced that we would be there on that date.

However, both of us have been a part of TWS for a long time.

In my case, I have been directly involved there since it's first race, and have been part of teams that have won there both at the TIDA level and Pro Sedan level. I have been part of virtually every TIDA event ever held at the place. I just have to be there for the last race and James also has a long history there.

In making this decision we realize that some may see this as somewhat negative towards the Lone Star Legacy series and Central Texas Speedway. This is simply not the case. We both consider the Lone Star Legacy series and Central Texas Speedway as our home turf and truly appreciate the faith everyone at CTS and the series has shown in what we are trying to do with the Legacys.

See you on March 28 for the season opener.

Nick

Well, like I said, not everyone will be happy with this decision, but you sure are welcome to join us at TWS for this race. We will be racing one of Mr. Huff's Legacys at this TWS event and the more Legacys that want to join the fun, the better.

Nick

It is sad that track is closing. Wish NASCAR would of stayed back in the day. Hope yall do great on the last race To bad the Texas Pro Sedans did not go back for the last race. Remember when the TIDA ran there. Good luck. Hate to see it go

OK how about this--If we can get NASA to put us on their schedule,how many of you would go to TWS for the last chance to race there?

Waco Racer what would be the requirements for our group to run?

The down side of that is that they may not want to go back to to the oval.

We have also contacted some others who would prefer to run CTS... so.... I am not going to go to TWS with James, but will be at CTS to serve as Race Director in James' absence.

Bob Riley, please give me a call if you would be willing to help me out in the pits. 210-415-1251.

I will be asking Chris to put us back on the April 26 schedule.

Nick

Nick.....

I can tell you I have thousands of miles racked up at TWS on a race bike and the CMRA had their last event there March 21, last weekend. It is a shame to see the twin sister of Michigan Speedway close down and I have ALOT of fond memories of TWS! I have raced on the Banks of turn 3 and 4 on the old long course. I have raced on the 1.8 mile short course and I have race on the reconfigured long course of coming out of the horseshoe down to turn 10 and on to the front straight banking. This has always been one of my most favorite tracks to EVER had the privilidge to race on....she will be missed! I cannot tell you how many wins I have had on that track! On that note....would be a shame to not have that last race at TWS. I say.....go close that chapter and enjoy! The CMRA had a great party on Saturday night!!

CMRA - Central Motorcycle Roadracing Association

Mike Steinman

My heart and sentimental side says that I should honor TWS by being there for our last NASA race. But my brain and conscience says that I should honor the commitment I made to the Legacy teams for our second Lone Star Legacy event of the season at CTS - and I will be at CTS for our event on April 25.

The tracks I have had the most success (and fun) at are gone.

- Pan American Speedway where I cut my asphalt teeth with Johnny Ivy and Bruce Mabrito (and sister track Paramount Austin Speedway) are ancient history but are still visible on Google maps.

- San Antonio Speedway where I spent many years as the suspension man for legendary Late Model drivers Ed Sczech and Rick Rapp, TPS great Anthony Jetter and consulting with many other teams, where I spent three years as NASCAR Chief Steward, where I worked as the motorsports editor for The San Antonio LIght for a decade, where I flagged a TIDA LM race, where I worked as the media writer for the track and several series that raced at the track, is on her deathbed unless a miracle happens.

- And now Texas World Speedway where Rick Rapp finished second many times in TIDA events but never won, where Ed Sczech won the 1st TROC event, where Anthony Jetter still holds a TPS track record, and more recently where James Huff and I have proven to the sports car world what a four-cylinder Legacy can to do stock Corvettes, is about to become a multi-use development.

I'm only 70 for crying out loud. Why do I feel like I'm 90?

Nick

Archived