Parts deal worked out with Allison, Inc

NickHolt

As most of you know, the Lone Star Legacy series parts guy is Bob Riley. Bob knows these Legacy cars inside out and is very helpful in finding parts for our members from one source or another. His good work is much appreciated by everyone in the series and Bob will continue to be our go-to guy for parts and parts advice.

But Bob and the rest of us were unable to purchase parts from the Allisons since the Lone Star Legacy series is not sanctioned by the Allison's sanctioning body, CompCar.

Lone Star Legacy director James Huff, however, has been talking with the Allison organization over the past few months and has finally negotiated an agreement with the Allisons to sell us original Legacy parts and their sealed engines. This is a big deal since some of the Allison parts were getting rather scarce around this neck of the woods.

Unfortunately, however, since we are not part of CompCar, the prices are "full price." James has the complete price list from Allison and we may consider posting it at some point.

At this point, we can at least save some of the shipping charges if we place a large order through James who has agreed to do this as a service to Lone Star Legacy members.

Way to go James.

well I finally got this dang computer to work. Now if I can teach it to spell.

First --Tom thanks for the question.The Allison spec front fender is $133. That is the full retail price. It was explained to me by Allison Brothers Race Cars that there would not be any discount offered on their parts unless we were a CompCar sanction.

Now,if anyone wants to buy parts from Allison Brothers Race Cars, here's how it will work:

All orders will have to be placed with me, paid for in CASH. Then I purchase a cashier's check, mail it to ABRCI, then they ship the order to me. When you pick up the parts from me you will owe for shipping charges.

An example--If 10 people order parts,one of them has one fender and another has 4 nose pieces and another has 2 spindles etc the shipping cost will be split evenly among everyone.The shipping will be paid when you recieve your parts.

Now having said that let, me also say this: I am not in the parts business, but am offering this as a service to our Lone Star Legacy racers. I add no markup on the parts or shipping.There is no requirement to buy parts thru me unless you want your car to remain pure Allison or if those parts are not available anywhere else.

Like in the past, folks will still be able to buy parts from any source as long as those parts meet the Lone Star Legacy rules.

Thanks James Huff

Archived