New Asphalt Series

ra1a

I read a couple of months ago that a group out of Austin was going to start a new asphalt series in Texas. There will be four track open in May 2005 and four more in May 2006.

I recently heard that this was a hoax. Does anyone know if there will be a new series or not?

If you go back through the threads here on TSZ, you will find the Texas TracGroup has been discussed in detail. But, we haven't heard anything about the proposed series in over a month.

Last I heard, Chuck Licata was the PR man for the Texas TracGroup organization. Perhaps Chuck will share the latest status...

Nick Holt

To all:

The Texas TracGroup is currently undergoing realignment.

I will let you know more once things have settled in.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Randy,

There are several threads earlier in the year about this multi-track project. Go back through the list of earlier threads and you should find plenty of reading material.

The management team for the project is called Texas TracGroup. The project ran into some difficulties this spring when the local newspaper serving one of the prospective track sites raised some questions about the background of one of the principals at Texas TracGroup. They dug up something about a failed ostrich operation and other financial difficulties. At the same time the local municipal planning organization wanted to know the names of the TexasTracGroup investors and dropped the project when those names were not provided.

As I understand it Wally was advising the management group on technical and racing matters.

Chuck Licata, who is a member here at TSZ and serves with the Texas TracGroup in a public relations capacity, informs us that the organization is undergoing a reorganization at the present time.

Nick Holt

Archived