S.T.A.R.T meeting 1/11/05

There will be a meeting for all who are interested in the S.T.A.R.T. program on Tuesday, January 11, 2005, at 7 pm, at the Highland Lanes, 8909 Burnet Rd., Austin.

S.T.A.R.T. (Supporting Texas Auto Racing Together) is a grassroots program loosely composed of all who are interested in promoting stock car racing in Texas, primarily in Central Texas. All drivers, fans, track owners, and anyone else who is willing to help promote auto racing is encouraged to attend.

The primary idea is to gather ideas, then implement them in helping to spread the word about auto racing and to get more fans to the tracks, thereby benfitting all who are involved in our sport.

It's not about any one class, track, or area. It's meant to benefit the sport itself by gathering ideas from those who participate in the sport, and attempting to create a closer working relationship between those that are involved.

For further information, contact Charles Buxton: charlesb@fprodsa.com, or (512) 248 8172.

Please post directions to the meeting.

I will be driving north bound on IH-35 from San Antonio. Guide me in from there if you could.

I may not be able to be there for the beginning, but I will do my best to make it for as much as I can.

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Hardest working race announcer in Texas! Have microphone, will travel (just need directions, from time to time)

North Bound/South Bound 35...

Exit 183 NORTH (heading west of 35)

Take 183 to the Burnet Road exit... exit Burnet Road

Take a left at the Burnet Road Stop light

Take another left onto the 183 access road (basically doing a u-ee through the lights)

Reason being, Highland lanes is on the corner of 183 and Burnet Road, but it's easier to enter from 183 than Burnet.

So, after taking a left onto 183's access road, you will need to be in the far right lane to turn right into the parking lot.

From Mopac North/South exit 183 SOUTH and exit Burnet and go through the light at Burnet and take a right into the parking lot.

Arron, correct me if I'm wrong...

I'm pretty sure the agenda for this first meeting is point 1 - how to get the fans in the stands.

I know many of you have MANY ideas on this subject, so please feel free to come and share them tomorrow night (or tonight if you're reading this tomorrow... or yesterday if you're reading this Wednesday... but by that time it's too late... hmm... sorry, got off track :D )

Archived