ARTS-Lone Star responds to Turn Key

NickHolt

Izy88 I feel your post reqiures a response. It was found during tech at a SAS event with a cam that was .015' to high on the lift, worth about 10 hp. And yes we did this on purpose, because the Fords (we did not have the option to change) were down 25-30hp on the dyno and ARTS would not do anything about it. They would say "we have a truck in Indiana that's winning". Where do you think I got that cam? Want to hear somthing else political, that cam was ground by an un-named engine builder in Indiana that was head of engine rule development for ARTS! Thats the first time I've told anybody that. With that said, my whole problem was with the FIRST series officials and ARTS rules, not Garret or any current officials. I have never had a problem with Garret and I wish he and Turn Key could could come to any agreement and not let the series split, it has potential.

Ditto TXTOM.

Waco Racer, we were not allowed to run the GT40s after the first season. On the dyno the Chevy and Ford were the same using the GT40 head.

Izy88, we will not be at TMS, we hope to be going to Mobile, AL. I just can't afford to take that kind of chance with this good of a car.

Archived