Austin Wayne Self 2nd at Berlin, takes Rookie of Race Award

Austin Wayne Self 2nd at Berlin, takes Rookie of Race Award

Austin Wayne Self and the 22 Team took home their second top 3 finish in 3 starts as well as another Rookie of the Race Award at Berlin Raceway

In 13 starts Austin Wayne Self has secured 9 top 10 finishes in the ARCA Racing Series. The 22 AM Technical Solutions Dodge out of the Cunningham Motorsports Stable qualified 7th for the Federated Auto Parts 200 at Berlin Raceway on August 9th and finished their day fighting for a win crossing the checkered second.

post-3-0-23897300-1407894513_thumb.jpg

Courtesy of AWS PR

The team fought hard for all 200 laps. The 22 team developed a unique strategy to pit later in the race. This caused the team to fall back early on, then later in the race run on stickers making for a swift advance through the field.

“Chad setup a really great strategy for us… We outsmarted people. With a few more laps or a caution we would have had P1, I spun my tires on the restart but we secured a second place finish so that was a good points day for us. I like Berlin Raceway- you have to be up on the wheel the whole time, and I like how the track is.”-AWS

Between Berlin and their Illinois race the ARCA racing series will have a one week break. During that time Austin Wayne Self will be heading back to his home in Austin, Texas.

“I think the team is really going to appreciate this time off, they have been working super hard! We will use this time to rest, refocus and strategize for the final stretch of our season run- then we move onto Illinois.” – AWS

Crew chief for the 22 car Chad Bryant had this to stay following their Berlin Raceway effort, “Berlin was Another solid run by the 22 team on a short track. We had a shot to win and that is all we can ask for. It was an exciting race to be apart of and the team performed in all aspects. I am proud of the team for there performance at Berlin.”

Next time you see the 22 AM Technical Solutions Dodge out on track will be August 17th for the Super Chevy Stores 100 at the Illinois State Fairgrounds. This 100 mile sprint will be an all out mad dash for the checkered- this is one of two dirt tracks that the ARCA racing series will race on this season!

Chad Bryant also commented on strategy approaching Illinois, “Springfield is going to be another challenge for us. Springfield is a dirt track and neither Austin or I have a lot of experience dirt racing. We will rely on Paul Andrew’s past experience and success on the dirt to help us this weekend. It’s nice to have a team-mate that has as much experience as Paul does to rely on for advice the weekend.”

For behind the scenes photos and updates checkout the Austin Wayne Self Facebook Pagehttps://www.facebook.com/AustinWSelf and follow him on Twitter https://twitter.com/AustinWSelf

Archived