Bead lock wheel for pure stock class

Let's take a vote on how many pure stocks would like to run a bead locking the right rear There were a lot of good car getting flats do to right rear rolling off . The price of a bead lock would be about the same as one tire wasted by running flat. And keeping all Car on the track makes a better show for the fans.

Next time the track is rough try adding a couple of pounds of air. Also look at the side of the tire and see how far your actually rolling the tire over due to low air pressure. Those heavy pure stocks need a little more air to keep them on the bead and the tread on the track.

Me for one absolutely not this class has in past several years grown because of price it cost to race in other classes and also rules we have has been stretched for what we like to call more durability,or reliability or for a way for a racer to get faster spending more money the track needs to really look into this and re evaluate rules. From what i hear from some is once they have major break down they will not race again because of having to rebuild and not being competative.One car is up forsale after engine failure and i understand was forsale before several already left class and not racing. I for one had tire problems in past and had to increase pressure to keep them on wheel.

I will post few seneros to explain my post and by no means am i pointing fingers just posting to see if track understands what changing a few rules does to this class.

1) head work screw in studs and guide plates this was changed reason realiability well from what i see the cars having engine failure most may not of lead to head trouble most have been engine bearings or engine problem but we allowed for change.. no performance gain

2) forged pistons i heard that purestock now can run forged pistons this is for realiability also no performance gain ????? adds cost to engine

3) i asked for cars to use limited take offs now this would save $ 50-$75.00 per tire wow 200 dollars for set but i was told this helps performance of car would not be allowed silly in my books we could og bought 4 tires cheaper than buying 2 new ones dont add up and forged pistons and screw in studds dont add more to performance than half worn out tires ?????

we know forged pistons and screw in studs are added to engines for a performance gain in some sort or fashion maybe bigger cam more realibility for increase RPM with less chance to tear a motor up..Humm i did get a chance to use realiability as a senerio ...

I will never ask for anything to be changed again i will stay with rules posted and if in question call and ask track for answer and i feel track needs to stay with rules and no changes

we just had a track close and are limited to places to race close and this could be good chance for change keep same rules tighten up on rules that class has and grow this class

once edna opens up again it could be all for all and could change outcome of all tracks in area take this chance and run with it s.o.s could have something good come out of it.. but not long to prove your here for long run i want to race here for years to come and will have a son starting to race soon....WITH THIS BEING SAID IF ANY QUESTIONS CALL 361-571-1246 DONT GO TALKING ABOUT ME BEHIND MY BACK IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND I WILL EXPLAIN

now if we use bead locks we add an extra what 180.00 need one for spare this could by 2 sets off take from limited

we need to remember the cost also

Ummm.... maybe you should have added more air than what you did?

Every time a track gets pressured into making a rules "upgrade" the class is one step closer to pricing itself out of existence. Or they give the class name change which is actually the next class up the pecking order.

In almost every instance, it's for "durability" or to make things "easier." A wise track owner will stop these changes in their tracks because the reason the class was popular to start with was because it was cheap. Make it expensive and you've cooked your own goose!

Nick

Okay here is my 2 cents, (since I was one of those cars that rolled a tire off) Yes like 05 I added several pounds of air to my right rear, still rolled off. Would I like to have a bead lock, you bet! will I vote for it? NO! I also would like headers, Q1A shocks, and a list of other goodies, when I am able to move up to street stock, I'll get what rules allow for that class. I see the pure stock car count climbing almost weekly, some say it's cost that makes a driver switch, or class falls to the way side. What ever the reason is, I like having allot of cars to race against, and don't want to price some right back out of the class. I hate the fact that we only had 4 Street stock this past weekend, love to watch those guys race, 16 in pure stock that was awesome. Not going to blame the track either for my tire issue's, like i said 16 cars in our class, only a few had tire problems, so great job to those that hit the air pressure right.

If they was to make Beadlocks legal you won't get just one Beadlock. Obviously you can't run it on the RF so now you have to have a spare RF on a rim plus a RR on a Beadlock. Now since you bought that Beadlock you have an extra rim sitting around so you go out and buy a new tire for that rim and it just keeps growing and growing until you have people show up to the track with 6 brand new tires on the trailer just because they have spare rims laying around since they had to buy 2 new Beadlocks. Pure stocks are supposed to be a cheaper class than street stocks but the more you open the rule book the more money that will get spent and the purse is not going to rise anytime soon...

I think from these posts your beadlock is out. if you want a beadlock you have to spend a whole bunch more money and be a streetstock. If you let the racers make the rules they will price themselves right out of racing, not on purpose it just happens. air is cheap. sometimes you have to add a little extra air just to be on the safe side. been there done that. jmo

Like everybody is saying if your rolling tires off add air if you dont want to add more air and wanna run bead locks move up to street stock there was 16 cars and how many rolled tires off maybe 3 or so the track was a little ruff and that causes some of it but if the rules keep getting changed we will end up with only 4 cars like the street stocks.

We did add extra air pressure to the tire and it still rolled off its only one bead lock it is cheaper than buying a brand new tire everytime you go Racing

Did you remount the tire after it came off? We did that once and it came off the bead in the feature again

05..u drove a good racr but look at how sideways your car got in turn 3/4... i kept watching u slide up and thats why i stayed low....you have a nice car and if im correct it was ur 1st time out give it time and it will come to you...when its rough for a pure stock dont run it so hard in the turns....I felt mine rolling so I started driving it deeper into the turns before getting on the gas and drove it straight out of the turns...just a point...we cannot drive these cars like street stocks!!!!also I added a half pound of air to rr from the heat race..I started with 1?...lol secret!!! Also glad to see some of the ednas show up now need them all...

Before we could run beadlocks with our car (2010 or so) we opted on the side of caution and always made sure we ran the Aero wheel on the right rear. I ran 14# normally and as much as 16" on right rear for non-beadlock. Still run 14# today on right rear with a beadlock. The Aero nonbeadlock wheels have a slightly taller inner bead and we found they were good. I also ran Bart wheels and never had any problems, but to erro on side of caution, If not running an Aero wheel on right rear, that may help.

Although we are in street stocks, we are only there because we incrementally grew with the class as it changed in the last 10 years from Bombers to Street Stocks. I concur with many on here that our class did it to ourselves over the last several years and we made the decision to ride the wave. We enjoy the group of drivers we compete with in Streets, but the car numbers for a weekly gig are not good. But, for my two cents, I would urge caution on rule changes as the Pures put on a good show now, have good car counts, and about the only thing we can call beginner any more.

Archived