NASCAR Mandates Blinker Fluid Viscosity

CC57

Think I’ve heard it all now.

Caught a couple of minutes of the Nationwide series practice from Michigan. And they were commenting about how windy it was, and how the wind has changed direction from earlier in the day, etc.

Well NASCAR Commentator and “Expert” Jeff Hammond (sp?) jumps in on the broadcast to say how “…the wind will more adversely affect the carbureted Nationwide series differently from the Cup series fuel-injected cars. The wind enters under the cowling and into the float bowl , causing a pressure differential..”

I turned the channel to CPAN. Needed to watch something more grounded in reality.

I've always thought those pesky float bowls needed more NASCAR scrutiny! I'm sure some of the teams are running cockpit adjustable fuel bowl pressure differential devices.

Wake up NASCAR!

And while they're at it, I have "insider knowledge" that some teams are loading mercury pellets inside magnetized (activated by remote magnetic field generators) capsules that are attached to the jack plate and subsequently transferred to the left side chassis during an early pit stop.

And then on the last pit stop they load a similar capsule to the right side which brings the left side percentage down to legal limits and also allows the team to make the total weight limit after jettisoning water from the catch can during the race at just the right moment when someone faster is right behind.

When was the last time you saw a NASCAR tech guy look under the car at the jack peg?

Wake up NASCAR!

Archived