A SIGN OF SUCCESS

hray

Has anyone but me noticed all the sport mods for sale lately. If you search "sport mod" in the classified section, 20 results come up. 15 of those are for cars for sale of which 12 are still currently available. That plus the car counts at most tracks is a sure sign that the class is alive and well and probably deserves a look at the formula.

What do you think the success formula is? And don't tell me cost, because a good sport mod is not cheap.

I have had sportmods since 2004 and I think the biggest benefit is the lack of adjustments that you can do to the cars. Sure you can have a $1000 shock package and a $8000 power plant, but every car is limited to the stock metric 4 link and stock location lower control arms. Plus the rules haven't changed much in 10 years for the tracks that follow IMCA.

Absolutely! I won't go into all the details on why it's taking so long, just not enough hours in the day. We practiced the car at CTS last Sat and it is pretty much ready except for oil leaks. Put about 50-60 laps on it and Jason and I were pretty pleased. We plan to practice 1 more time, then run on the 31st.

I enjoyed running the limited class...and yes they are very easy to work on but they also bend very easy...and for someone with low funds its hard to run up front with the $5000 car...then again why I left the class is bc usually after the night is over most of the class looks like they were in a demo derby! !! Lol

Archived