31. Ryan Crane, 181

32. Scott Hantz, 119

33. Mike Garvey, 111

34. JR Norris, 90

35. Wes Loyd, 90

36. Gary St. Amant, 67

37. Greg Davidson, 34

38. Joey Miller, 16

Was a good long race, but too many cautions there at the end caused by the lapped cars, which took out several of the top runner's. Steve Wallace ran away with it, with about 15 to go, not only did he have the dominant car, but the freshest set of tires with 25 to go. The racing was great throughout, but probably could had been a better finish, Cywinski was leading before the leaders came in for there final pit stops, but he had a poor pit stop. If I remember correctly, at about lap 220 the top 5 were 1, 5, 9(Casey), 92, 41(Chris). At lap 275 the top 5 were 92, 41, 99, 5, 78(I think Charlie, also with fresh tires, had something for Steve Wallace, but got taken out by a lapped car, check out link at the bottom.) Chris Davidson and Casey Smith should have finished in the top ten, but Chris got bumped by another car trying to make it 3-wide going in to turn 1 and sent Chris to the wall ending his night. Casey lost several positions in last set of pit stops and came out of the pits in the 15th spot, running low on power, he battled his way to 8th or 9th before his motor blew on lap 295. He had to pass at least 12 cars to get to that point(lapped cars just blocking). Don't forget several of these lapped cars lined up on the inside with fresh rubber and a guy running 5th or 6th get caught up behind these cars and have trouble passing them, eventhough they are faster and the leaders break away. Good race though.

http://www.sportsshorts.net/

Got back mid-afternoon, Long two weeks.

I thought I saw you walking around, Horsepower, but didn't get a chance to say hi.

I thought Cywinski had the car to beat, sorry to see him caught in someone elses' screw-up. He could pull away from Wallace at will, new or old tires.

Greg got turned early; it looked like he mighta had a tire going down, and he was working to the bottom of the track, when another car went under instead of around him and turned him on the backstretch wall. Radio chatter indicated a problem with the steering rack. Chris was fast all day, running up front late, then another car decided to make it three wide while Chris and Niedecken were already side by side. Niedecken was OK to continue, but Chris was in the fence. Casey ran great all day, had a pit problem, then ran part of the race on 7 cylinders before the motor quit for good.

Good runs for Mercer, who kept his nose clean, Wayne Anderson had a great run in his dad's big spring car, and Hard charger Award goes to Jack Landis, who finished third from the last starting spot. He only made the race because Charlie Menard couldn't make it back this weekend. Menard was the only no-show.

Little Wallace was fast (He shoulda been in Wauter's car), but his driving style is pretty sorry, in my opinion.. Spun a couple, chrome-horned a couple more, but they let him get away with it.

Nothing like money and a name, and he'd better be glad NASCAR doesn't sanction this race, or the purse would not have began to cover the fines for his mouth. I'm not talking about incidental language; they all do that. But his description of the racers around him, track calls and officials, and so on showed a complete lack of maturity and a very arrogant attitude......

But then, we raced against Rusty in All-Pro years ago, and I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree after all.

I am so glad I am not the only one that thought Wallace was arrogant! Talk in the pits was traction control on that car but of course there was no proving it. And that talk started last weekend after a visit to tech...

I was sorry to see Cywinski taken out too. I thought he was the main car that could keep up with Wallace. BUT...you have to admit that Wayne would have had that race in the bag if it wasn't for the rolling reds they used. That just killed me! In the end Wayne's tires were shot and the fresh tires just took over.

Do I think Wallace deserved to win??? Not with the sloppy driving he did but hey, money means so much in racing doesn't it?!?

Hey txTom: I got a few shots of your group while you were looking at Wayne's car. I'll send them to you sometime this week. I should have the rest of the photos from the race up on Wayne's site later this week too. Nice to see you again.

He won. No taking that away. If he had traction control oh well. They didn't catch him. Traction control is now a part of racing and you have to deal with it because it is pretty much impossible to find until these guys get smart and start taking ignition boxes and replacing it with a track spec one.

After watching Wallace drive I would love to see him in a car with a track-spec ignition box up against Anderson, Cywinski, St. Amant, the Davidson's, etc. and see how well he does then. Having traction control says nothing about how good of a driver you are. Oh, and it was only a rumor...

You could see the slide when the cars came off turn four, Wallace didn't do that. Kinda makes you wonder...but remember, it was only a rumor... :D

Archived