5-10-14 Race

After the week from hell we managed to survive the night. Just so all you guys know what its like for a promoter. The water well went out on Thursday and we could not water the track. Went down on Friday to water just a shower went overhead that made the track to slick to water but not enough to get water deep in the track. The electricity in the tech shed burned up on Thursday night. Several potties clogged up, Water well broke again on race day and had to get repair out while cars and spectators were already coming to the track. Thought we would have no water for kitchens or potties. Got that fixed just in time. Front stretch lights did not want to come on, after several flips of the breakers finally got them on. Pit lights went out after dark but with luck they were a quick repair. Go kart track got too wet and delayed go kart feature races. Remote mike did not want to work properly. Other than that it was a great night. The racing was exciting with close finishes. Every one passed tech. The show was great for the crowd and got lots of nice compliments on what a great show it was. This will keep em coming back. Keep up the good racing drivers!!! Thanks to everyone who helps us on race night.

Feature winners:

Dwarf/Modlite: Buck McFarlan

Pure Stock: Aaron Ivory

Street Stock: Tony Blankenship

Ltd. Mod: Larry Jernigan

Modified: Cody Leonard

Jr. Kart: Makayla Trimble

Sr. Kart: Anthony Scribellito

Wing Kart: Logan Schannen

awsome racing young Cody Leonard we were waiting for a mistake out of you but that didnt happen the track was nice and fast,nice to see the mods racing at 100 mph, we thought the show was great and could not tell all these issues were there, great job Shady Oaks -- now all you other modifieds out there Come on down have some fun on May31st!

great night of racing in all classes pure stock race was fun to watch with 3 cars going for the win with our car winning an our old car getting 2nd way to go aaron street stock race was a lot of fun chris drove hard an clean the hole race side by side an we never touched 2 more wins for manard racing an good job joe running 3th

Great track good hard "CLEAN" racing...suxs having to come from last and inches from 1st...but no better feeling than having to fix car in SOS parking lot and missing heat races and finishing 2nd...thanks to my father and Lynn Fox and my little bro for getting me going...and my mom and wife for giving me the time to race...and Most of all my sponsors...VanAir Aviation and Jesse Lawn Service...

Thanks for another awesome night of racing. Track was totally different and I think it made the racing a lot closer. Just wish we could get all the mods to show up that have been to the track this season so we could get a full field. Can't wait to see the ASCS Sprint cars on the 24th.

Archived