James Buescher NNS Event Preview: Texas Motor Speedway

James Buescher NNS Event Preview: Texas Motor Speedway

Home Sweet Home...Buescher returns to his home track, Texas Motor Speedway (TMS), with the goal of becoming the first driver to win on all surfaces at TMS. Cutting his teeth in racing at TMS, Buescher has already visited victory lane on the short tracks, the dirt track and the road course. The only surface Buescher has yet to win on at TMS is the 1.5-mile oval. In his NASCAR career at TMS, Buescher has recorded one NASCAR Nationwide Series pole and two NASCAR Camping World Truck Series poles.

Gotta Have a Rheem...For 27 races in 2014, Rheem will adorn the sides of the RAB Racing No. 99 Toyota Camry.

And The Award Goes To...Buescher will be awarded the Sportsmanship Award at the Texas Motorsports Hall of Fame Gala Thursday evening. Buescher was nominated and selected to receive this award by local and regional Texas media members for his outstanding work in the community, specifically for his and his wife's trip to Moore, Oklahoma. Buescher and his wife, Kris traveled to Moore last summer to assist with the clean up after a devastating tornado ripped through the area.

Looking for a Three-Peat...RAB Racing returns to Texas Motor Speedway looking to capture their third pole award in a row at Texas Motor Speedway. In 2013, RAB Racing won the pole position in the spring race and followed it up with a second pole at TMS in the fall, becoming the only Nationwide Series team to sweep track poles that season. RAB Racing will bring with them the same chassis they utilized to win both the pole awards.

Get Social...Don't forget you can follow James Buescher and his race team, RAB Racing on all social media platforms including twitter and Instagram, @JamesBuescher, @RAB_Racing and on facebook at facebook.com/JamesBuescherRacing and facebook.com/RABRacing. Continue to stay up-to-date with in-race updates, frequent Q&A chats and giveaway contests!

Tune In...The NASCAR Nationwide Series returns to action after a weekend off, Buescher and the No. 99 Rheem team will compete in the O'Reilly Auto Parts 300 at Texas Motor Speedway on Friday, April 4. The event can be seen on ESPN 2 starting at 8:00pm EDT. The event can also be heard on SiriusXM Satellite Radio, channel 90 and on PRN Radio.

How special is racing at Texas for you?

"I've ran a lot of races at Texas and I've run a lot of double duty weekends with the Trucks and Nationwide cars. I enjoy going to Texas and I've got poles there in the truck -- I swept the poles one year in the Trucks and I even got the pole in the Nationwide car. Texas is a fun place for me. That race track is pretty special to me more so than just the racing -- I basically grew up there. It's got a lot of history for me and my family and my personal life as well as my career. It would be a really special place to have a solid run and maybe get our first win."

About RAB:
Originally founded in 2005, RAB Racing with Brack Maggard is a Concord, North Carolina-based auto racing team that fields entries in the NASCAR Nationwide Series. RAB Racing has fielded entries in the ARCA Racing Series, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, NASCAR Nationwide Series, and the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. This season will mark the sixth season of full-time NASCAR competition for the organization. With the support of Toyota, RAB Racing is poised and ready to take the next step in capturing the organization's first NASCAR Championship. To learn more about RAB Racing, visit www.TeamRAB.com.