Wichita Falls?

ivicic

I know there is or was a track in Wichita Falls. What is it's status and what do they run there? Next, if it is open how come Romco doesn't run there. If Romco is a Texas touring series it would only be fair to run at all tracks in Texas.

Wichita Falls is a low-banked 1/4 mile. It is northwest of Wichita Falls off Hwy 287. It has a regular friday night show, the quickest class is a little less the Kyle Limited late-models.

Romco has not run there, but the old TIDA did. If you think it's hard to pass at Kyle, then you haven't been to Wichita Falls. We ran there about two weeks ago with the Modifieds.

Furthermore, the track is cupped and rutted all the way through the corners, especially 3 & 4, and I personally think it'd wouldn't be much of a show.

But--it has a new owner who came by and talked to us , and he has plans on restoring the place. He asked us for inputs, and seemed genuinely interested in what we had to say. So maybe in the future.

It cannot be made bigger; it has a newly rebuilt dragstrip off 3 & 4, and a county road off 1 & 2.

ROMCO wont got to Wichita Falls because Mullins doesn't have any type of Business up there. Think about this way he only goes and has fan appreicitation nights at the tracks were his business are. Don't get me wrong Mullins has help racing in Texas by his support through ROMCO but he not only doing it for his love of the sport he is doing it for the love of his business as well. Think about all those machines that were at the front gate at SAS last weekend.

Wildracer5, think about what you said. How many sponsors are in it just because they like the sport. The large sponsors such as ROMCO must satisfy the Controller of the company as well as the IRS. There must be a business reason for the expense. We are lucky and fortunate to have Robert supporting the late models. He has been able to connect his love of racing with his business and entertain all od us. The customers he brings to the races also has the potential to bring new fans to the weekly shows.

THANK YOU ROBERT!

Archived