Dickerson Renames Texas Super Late Model Series

KYLE, TX (November 28) – The United States Racing Association is the new name of the ROMCO Super Late Model Series, series owner Terry Dickerson announced Sunday.

Approximately 60 team members attended the United States Racing Association’s inaugural organizational meeting Sunday at the Texas Event Center located near Thunder Hill Raceway.

Many racing organizations, including NASCAR and the World of Outlaws, contacted series founder Robert Mullins before he sold the series to Dickerson recently. Dickerson received Texas Motor Speedway’s prestigious Lanny Edwards Promoter of the Year award in 2003.

“Asphalt racing, like dirt track racing, is suffering for sponsorship and for car count,” Dickerson said. “Without sponsorship, NASCAR would still be racing on the sand in Daytona. My job is going to be to get sponsorship and build this series into a ‘mini NASCAR.’ We want to have three traveling classes with 35 cars in each class. My theory is to put more fans in the stands and quit making the racers pay to race. The way to do this is with sponsorship and publicity. We’re seeking more venues to build the series into something very successful.”

The United States Racing Association’s 2005 schedule will consist of 15 tentative dates at five facilities, including Houston Motorsports Park, San Antonio Speedway, Thunder Hill Raceway and Corpus Christi Motor Speedway. Dickerson intends to have contracts and confirmations from each racetrack by December 31st.

The USRA Super Late Model Series will feature 15 $3,000-to-win races next season. Each $19,000 race will pay $400 to start, plus numerous contingency awards. There will be a $150 entry fee per team. The USRA Super Late Model Series will pay a $15,000 point fund, plus contingencies. Drivers must compete in 10 of the 15 races to be eligible for the point fund. The USRA will offer a separate point fund for the first race at each of the five facilities.

Each USRA Truck Series race will pay $700 to win and $150 to start, plus contingencies. The entry fee is $75 per team. Drivers must compete in at least 10 of the 15 races to be eligible for the USRA Truck Series’ $5,000 point fund.

The USRA plans to have its web site located at www.usra2005.com online by December 31st. – Trackside Entertainment Public Relations

I was thinking the same thing...why put a year in your web name????  Is this association a one-year association?

Mike,

Thanks for asking...

Lbeaver6 is right...when Terry Dickerson decided on the USRA name, "usra.com" was already taken..Terry looked at several options before deciding on USRA2005.com.

And, before anyone asks...we have USRA2006.com already reserved, LOL

:lol::lol::lol:

Chuck Licata

USRA Marketing Director

I need to go buy usra2007, 2008, 2009 to make some money! hahaha Nothing like some "web" estate! hahaha :D It only costs $10.00 per name, but I figure I could re-sell them for about $50.00. :blink:

Tim

Archived