Chassis Clarification - NASCAR Fiesta Modifieds

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK.... all this back and forth between John and JC took place while I'm in Corpus doing live updates and traveling back to SA. John says it's all in good fun and that he and JC are friends.

Although I would normally take down a bunch of this banter, I am leaving it up since the track involved was OK with it.

Please do not take this as me getting soft headed in my old age. I am old, but I still try to keep the smack talk off the site.

Nick

HMP Race Teams,

After further research and in an effort to be as fair as possible, HMP Tech Directors, Jack Sandefur and Ricky Brooks have revised the solutions to deal with the previously discussed cross member and frame rail issues. Here is their decision:

Raised Cross Member:

Option 1: If the bottom of the cross member has been altered, then must add minimum of 1/8” thick tubing and/or metal plating to the bottom of the cross member to get it back to stock thickness for the year and make of frame being used. Tubing/plating must run the length and width of the bottom of the cross member. The measurement to determine stock will be made by laying a straight edge flat along the bottom of the cross member and measuring vertically to the center of the Front Lower A-Arm Bolt. Per the existing rules, the lower A-Arm bolt must already remain in factory location.

Here are the minimum requirements for the different frames being used:

All Ford = 3.125”

1978 and newer Impala & Metric = 3.25”

1973-1976 Chevelle = 3.5”

1970-1971 Impala = 4.25”

Option 2: Replace the cross member with factory unaltered cross member in factory location per the existing rules.

Side Frame Rails Removed:

Option 1: If the entire Left Side rail from the kick out has been removed then add 25 lbs to minimum weight of the car. No penalty if at least 3” of the left side rail is still there and the frame is no wider than factory. If Right side frame rail has been lightened or altered then add 25 lbs to the center of the right side frame rail. This also adds 25 lbs to minimum weight of car.

Option 2: Replace the factory frame rails to meet the rules.

Now…LET’S GO RACING!

PS...Hey JC...every chance you get...Shut up! LOL!

Still appears you have to have a ford clip!!!! Another example of rule changes costing the racer money!

I don't know how else to tell you that there is no rule change. It was never allowed to cut the cross member, neither here nor at gulf south. If anything, Ricky and Jack are being forgiving. Plus there are only a few people that didn't follow the rules. For overwhelming majority, this is not an issue. Perhaps you would better understand sign language? Remind me to show you some next time I see you. Lol

Ford clip? I realize that an 1/8 inch may look like a lot to you but come on...really?!?

Get your popcorn ready folks. Lol

Jack (Head HMP tech director) approved it via a phone call months ago and has let it be legal for years. I fact it was legal in the TAMS and USRA days.

Like I said before and I am typing real slow this time so you can keep up...just because you got away with it, doesn't make it legal. Congrats for getting away with it for so long. Not sure you're right about TALMS. Also, I would bet money you didn't tell Jack that it had raised crossmember and hacked side rails.

I hear that the local grade school has a remedial reading class. Should I sign you up? You could take the rules in with you and the kids could explain them to you.

I think you forgot the "ed" on your last post as well. Maybe the problem with the rules has been the person behind the keyboard making errors all along or was that auto correct as well?

You're welcome to jump on board here and give tech and rules a try since it is so easy. Most make it about three races.

Archived