S.T.A.R.T.

KahneFan

A group of drivers, administrators and fans doing their part in Supporting Texas Auto Racing Together.

START Supporting Texas Auto Racing Together

- Stop working against each other to kill it

START Giving creative ideas to help the sport grow

- Stop complaining about everything and watching it die

START Promoting the sport to everyone you know

- Stop waiting for the fans to "just come by"

Anymore?...

Next Meeting: 7:00pm Tuesday December 14, 2004 at Highland Lanes (corner of 183 & Burnet Road)

Highland Lanes

8909 Burnet Road, Austin, TX 78757

(512) 458-1215

This meeting is open to anyone from any track or any traveling series who would like to attend. We will try to hold some meetings north and some meetings south, maybe even San Marcos (ish) so the SAS group can join in now and then as well.

It is understood that some might have prior commitments which will conflict with this meeting. If you could still send a representative from your pit crew, press box or corner of the stands to stand in for you, we will try our best to not conflict with future schedules. This will probably need to be one of the first things we learn and discuss with STOP is that, not always will schedules mesh perfectly. When this happens, we need to try and make the best with what we have and move forward from there. With a group of 50 - 100 - 200 people, it's going to be hard to make sure we always find a "perfect" time and place to meet, but we will try our best.

As I said, this meeting is open to anyone who enjoys the sport of Auto Racing and would like to not only see this sport survive and grow, but see if they might be able to help it do so. Constructive critisism is very welcome, but lets try not to let these meetings become a gripefest.

I personally am extremely excited about what we are going to hopefully start and hopefully be able to make a difference with.

Chuckman, did you say y'all put together a list of things to think about before our next meeting?

Nascarbar,

Thank you for getting some response and some head-way into something a few of us have been trying to coordinate for years...Congrats to Chuckman and Nascarbar for "raising the bar" in getting a movement together and getting folks involved...Let me know what I can do to help..

Chuck

• 1 month later...

In case you missed the first two press releases, S.T.A.R.T. is off to a great... start.

The first meeting was very much an introductory meeting where we were able to get our feet wet and kind of get a feel for what might be in store. The second meeting, we had more drivers/crew show up than the first, which was great. We are discussing what can be done to get more fans in the stands. We are trying to figure out how we can maybe grow two of our fan bases, hispanics and early teens/tweens. Aaron did a lot of great research on areas of Austin where we might be able to focus on making driver appearances at schools and local events. And a younger driver Josh, mentioned we need to get him some rookies to mess with... I mean... teach :P

As a fan, I feel S.T.A.R.T. is only going to get stronger and better each time we meet. No, it's not going to be the miracle cure overnight, but it appears as though it will definitely be helpful.

In case we haven't stressed enough, everyone involved with racing in Texas is invited to attend and offer up their input. We won't turn anyone away. Some may end up in a corner or fined points, but never turned away :lol:

On a personal note, I would like to thank Aaron Brungot and Charles Buxton for the tremendous work they have been putting forth to help make S.T.A.R.T. not just a thought, but a reality.

We are currently working on the S.T.A.R.T. website and will update you as soon as it's ready.

The next meeting will be on the day of the Swap & Shine @ THR.

Archived