THR going down hill

jcleaver17

Johnathan,

There were 14 THR Street Stocks, 10 THR Hobby Stocks, 4 THR Pure stocks. The Limited Late Models had the night off. There were also 12 Texas Pro Sedans, 6 Legends and 4 Mini Cup.

That's a total of 50 cars. Which is not bad considering that San Antonio Speedway had a huge ROMCO, TSRS, TAMS event just an hour, or so, down the road on the same night. And don't forget, the Winston Cup race (with Texas Terry on the pole) was on TV that night too.

There has been some discussion on this board about the general decline of weekly racing classes (together with a related decline in spectators) in Central and South Texas that you might be interested in reading. There a lots of opinions as to the root cause. Hopefully the racing community will be able to come up with creative ways to remedy the problem.

Nick Holt

ok.. i was worng. 50 cars./.....did yall see how empty the pits were..????i was suprised at that...even more suprised at the lack of people int the grand stands..im sure it was either the race in SA or the wether or probably both.... im sure it will be much more livley at THR next week..

Jonathan Cleaver

i am a car owner and driver in regards to THR i am more interested in letting the cars race than who you can put to the back it is hard enough to pass on this track then u half to worry about touching someone and getting sent to the back or the driver u passed spinning out and blamming u i like close racing and watching good drivers we need to be able to RACE

meredith....brian meredith????..well.. yea i get waht that guy was saying......the rules are just a tad to strict here at THR.....butall in all..i think that briaan(callaway) and whoever helped him...have done a great job puting the whole thing together

Jonathan Cleaver

Archived