2014 Rule changes

TexanaBrad

JMO

STREET STOCK SHOOT OUT RULES might be the way to go easy way for cars to race multiple tracks with same rules. If CBS OR STS rains out they could run Texana more than once

LIMITED MODS are growing at all tracks with most tracks running IMCA Rules, cars are able to travel to different tracks at will without the worry of being DQ for differences in rules.

This is just my opinion, I'm still a rookie at race cars and race car history, but if SS class does not grow in our area SS as we know them could become extinct.

I examined the Shootout series rules for 2014 very closely over the last month. It looks like the series has tried to address some gray areas for the series purpose. I would not be opposed to the track simply adopting those as the weekly track rules in their entirety. For us who own cars that we've been running under the existing Texana rules and adapted over the years with prior rule enhancements, all of the language is there for us to stay on the big wheels and tires if we desire or to go another route should we choose to experiment with 3 links, etc. As for me, I would stick with what we have motor-wise for at least 2014 and maybe experimenting with the g-60s. Also, we've seen from the series that the cars are closely matched when they run together. If we like the dirt bozz tires, we have the ability to run it. If we like the G-60's we can run those.

Should the track choose to adopt the Shootout rules for the weekly class at Texana, I suggest you adopt it in whole and not just pieces of the rules. In other words the rules put out there for 2014 for the Shootout Series has a the Package A / Package B option and the necessary weight penalties or credits for things such as replaced firewalls, no full floorpan, etc... In summary, if the track determines it wants to move to those rules, I would be ok with it and it would minimize any confusion for other cars coming to run and not just the one time thing.

I am both a driver and a promoter but I will shelf the promotional ideas and give you a drivers opinion. The thing this rule package brings is options. Options for drivers and options for tracks. The first thing everyone thinks about is shootout cars can travel to edna if this occurs. Yes true enough, but so can hobbies from the houston area that are not shootout cars. For Edna this is very important. Houston gets alot of rainouts and with several tracks there. This opens up yet more options for those drivers to put Edna down as a track they can race at. Racing every other week means each race is very important to the track, each class is important to the track. A class needs to carry its weight to succeed. Any track ave. under 15 cars in the area needs to figure out what needs to happen to make it better. If anyone has a better idea to grow street stock numbers at Edna lets hear it. I cant think of any other then raising the purse but your still limited to only cars from your area and that isnt getting the job done on a regular bases. You simply need a bigger pool of cars to draw from. Corpus was in this position two years ago with the street stocks. They coverted their rules over two seasons to get to the point they are now. Last year was better then the previous and this coming year will be huge with many cars being built this year and this offseason. The limited class proves week in and week out this is the way to go by the numbers they have built up to over the years. But they only did it because of a uniform set of rules to go by. Drivers dont have to travel nor do they have to run the shootout but at least having the option when they feel like it and participate in a series if they want to gives teams a good reason to invest in building something that has value across south texas / houston and not just 2 tracks. Personally I plan on racing 2 shootout races at Edna next year. If the rules allowed me I would probably come 2 additional times. Not much you say but if everyone thinks along those lines then that is alot of cars over a season coming to Edna and making a big difference.

I don't drive a SS but I think that opens up doors for car/drivers and the track to get bigger numbers which have fallen off severely over the last year or so. This class has always been a favorite of mine and where I started out racing, so I'd love to see a field of 20+ cars next year more than just once. Agree with Monty and Stephan 100% ! Sorry ken I know you said SS drivers only comment.

Well I do have a dog in this fight. Lol I for one would seriously think about the options here. You can keep the rules we have now and stay with the same ten cars or adopt the series rules and allow more cars to come run making a 20 plus field. I oove running in a big crowd. It proves who are and aren't drivers. I personally aam thinking of going to the g-60s next year because I think they are better for the track that Edna turns into come feature time. I wouod bet that most SS drivers will agree as said by monty and stephan this is coming from drivers in the Street Stocks over the last several years. Its about time all the tracks had a set of rukes for eCh class to make it better. IMCA has set the standards for having one set of rules and most each track has adopted those rules. I'm gonna lean towards the shootout rules.

JMO Street Stock 11

Shawn Kline

As well do I have a dog in this fight I would like to see the series rules for all tracks as I like to travel when Sts isn't racing and I won't have to wry and as far as what Monty said about engines I'm running a legal SOS and trp engine on g-60's and it has wrked out well the last 3 or 4 weeks I've been running it

would not be far to go to g60 tires this year an not let every body use up there big tires I no manard has about 10 sets of tires an wheels for each car an would have to change height gears that's a lot of money

new rules support the big and small tires. Tony go through the rules carefully and you will see that these rules are very fair and competive no matter what your tire size is.

Archived