rules package 2014

Some may think its too early,but Im gonna ask .

What if any changed will be made in purestock class.(rule package)

Suspension,tires etc.

I will have plenty of time next few weeks to work on car could you Please post a.s.a.p.so i can make any changes to car for next year.All i say is keep simple and remember this is purestock class,Try and keep it that way.

my opinion about headers in purestock, they are very hard to put in metric cars, hard to change spark plugs, hard on plug wires, hard to fit stock motor mounts and starters, there are probably a few things that I am forgetting. several years ago at STS we had a vote on headers in purestock class and they were voted in, it did not slow the fast cars down or even up the competition only made the racers spend more money and at the end of the season most of the guys that voted for headers were not racing anymore or did not bother to race at all. jmo. headers are for streetstocks. been there done that

BOBBY JACK

Our philosophy is consistancy in rules help build car counts in classes. The Pure Stock and Street Stock classes are not getting any major rule changes. I have the rules pretty much completed just trying to dot my i's and cross my t's. Pure stocks, there will be clarification around the use of guide plates and serpentine belt systems and also, changes to acceptable body parts allowed. Other than that no changes on engines. Street Stock will not have any engine changes but looking at a possible tire option for next year. Hope to post officially in the next 2 weeks.

Dwarfs & STLMS will continue to follow the rules put out by thier groups. The Sport mods will continue to follow the IMCA Southern Sport Mod rules with the header, tire & sail panel exceptions posted on our webste

We will be bringing back the Farm Trucks next yr. If anyone has a set of the original farm truck rules put out by Jim several yrs back, please contact me.

Thanks,

Keith

361-676-5397

shadyoaksspeedway@yahoo.com

All i need to know is about heads i am ready to have guide plates and screw in studs put on them if we can do this for next year if we can use them, in two weeks Im hoping to have car repaired and racing somewhere if possible to test car out before next year. Also does anybody know anyone close to victoria that work on or install guide plates and screw in studs

I recommend going to shoulder less screw in studs without guide plates. You are gonna get dqed if you show up to most any other tracks if you have them in pure stock...jmo

But the only way to keep from mechanical failure and realiabity is srew in studs and guide plates, this is to keep from having head fail and so we dont have to worry about pulling out studs.

Tech at cotton bowl said as long as we run our track rules they were good with it.

SOS cars and CBS are pretty damm equal

It's just extra insurance to use the stronger screw in studs and guide plates.

Heads are getting harder and harder to find especially a set of heads that might be useable,

Lots of tracks talk about keeping cost down for pure stock, a lot of the things they don't want to allow are parts that will help motor to last longer by making items that are known to fail not fail so often with minimal cost to use stronger studs and other components.

JMO but with the cams and springs we are suppose to be running in a purestock, pinning the studs is fine. My studs are pinned and I don't run guide plates which were allowed at I37. 7K+ rpms over 3 seasons with no issues. Like I said JMO.

Yes, i have learned alot since post.Talked to several motor builders and also a few in san Antonio they questioned Same as you if we build car to rules no need in screw in studs and guide plates.The only question in your post would be about springs rules little misleading says stock,but doesnt say cant put spring with more pressure.

One engine builder went as far as telling me that in last 10 years between four motor builders that at least 250 purestock Motors have been built to rules and probably out of them if 5 Motors have had head failure due to studs pulling out of head he would be surprised.Also told me if this would happen i should find new engine builder.What i was told was studs pull out of head when trying to stretch rules and when not doing proper maintenance on heads as for checking spring pressure and pulling valve covers of and checking after every race or so.Also said when running or setting up heads with screw in studs and guide plates it leaves open a real good chance for someone to play around with high lift CAM on any giving Night which could go un teched for several races and get by he said he knew one guy had run 5 different cams in one season at expense of other racers that was beaten when he was running illegal cams.Also stated this in his opinión is not good for class.

This post in no way is pointing fingers just posting info. That was told to me so with this being said my heads will not get screw in studs and guide plates i also will Try and go race other tracks in near future such as Cottonbowl..

Archived