HMP to crown champs at Season Finale this Saturday, October 26

Houston Motorsports Park to crown champs at Season Finale this Saturday, October 26

Houston, TX (October 21, 2013) - Houston Motorsports Park will crown four series champions on Saturday night, Oct. 26, at the season finale of the 2013 season – BWFS Industries NASCAR Night.

Championships will be won in the NASCAR Fiesta Modifieds, NASCAR BWFS COKE Trucks, NASCAR Stock Cars and Ecostocks.

The tightest race of the season will come down to this final event, as Rick Pollaro and Zach Knowles will battle on the track for the truck championship.

“I am confident that we will finish our season strong, but I am not counting our chickens before they hatch,” Pollaro said. “It maybe the last race of the season, but from my seat there is a lot of racing to do being a double feature night. As past race nights have shown, anything can happen. My confidence comes from knowing what my team has done all year for me and I couldn't ask for a better group to race with.”

Pollaro leads Knowles by just 25 points, which can be erased on this final night of racing.

“Well, going into the last race we have had an awesome season,” Knowles said. “And, it's not over yet. … We are going to do what we always do – race hard and make sure we do nothing to beat ourselves.”

Despite Joe Aramendia's big lead in the NASCAR Fiesta Modified class, there are still battles to be won in the points standings, as Bayley Currey, Michael Kourkoubes and Ian Webster battle it out for third, fourth and fifth places.

“This has been a great season,” said John Mandabach, vice president and general manager at Houston Motorsports Park. “With one last night of racing on the 2013 schedule, there are still plenty of great storylines to play out on the track. I can't wait to see what BWFS Industries NASCAR Night brings.”

While brothers David Webster and Ian Webster sit in the top two spots in the NASCAR Stock Cars there is still a battle for third place, where John Winne leads Scotty Barber by just one point.

In the Ecostock class, Taylor Harris leads Robert Henson and Richard Cook in the race for the title.

“Three of the four major classes running on Saturday night will crown first-time Houston Motorsports Park champions,” Mandabach said. “That is just proof that we have some of the best drivers and competition in the country right here at HMP. It's gonna be a great night!”

Along with double features for the NASCAR classes, fans will also be treated to racing in the Dwarf Cars series.

Gates open at 5pm with racing from 6pm to about 10pm with $1 hot dogs, $1 cokes and $1 beer. $12 adult admission plus Kids 12 & under get in free.

Click HERE for the BWFS NASCAR Night Race Schedule or check out www.houstonmotorsportspark.com for more information.

post-3-1382378038.jpg

Archived