Imca Hobby stocks

dancer52

I am planning on building one this off season...I know of at least one other person building one....just curious if there are anymore people planning to run this class...

If so.. maybe we could get together and help out on ideas for the build or just labor if needed....

I really would like to see this class take off... it has a national set of rules....and its the cheapest way if you ever want to run the super nationals...lol

I am planning on building one this off season...I know of at least one other person building one....just curious if there are anymore people planning to run this class...

If so.. maybe we could get together and help out on ideas for the build or just labor if needed....

I really would like to see this class take off... it has a national set of rules....and its the cheapest way if you ever want to run the super nationals...lol

I have been looking into moving to this class next year as well. I am not sure how much I could help on build ideas, but I don't mind helping out in the labor department when I can. I really like the idea of the national set of rules and the ability to race at other tracks without changing to much on the car.

AJ, be careful with the "build ideas" if you are planning on the Super Nats or any of the big, sanctioned shows. IMCA looks very carefully for hidden ballast. They have caught several cars in the past with extra heavy tubing, plate for fuel cells, and so on. Just a heads up.

Build within the rules and the car will be fine. Be careful with the gray areas. B)

A.J., look up Charles Cosper or Andy Roller on Facebook, these guys have dominated the hobbies the last few years. Charles moved up to I-stocks last year and I think Andy is going to sportmods this year but the knowledge these guys have is unbelievable. The way the cars are built makes them all pretty even and some of the best two-three wide racing you will ever see is the hobbies. Hope CBS can get enough of them to make the class stick.

It is very nice knowing you can travel across the country and your car will be legal and the track has a set procedure for line ups as well.

joe

it was a hobby that won the pure stock race this past week

if the track got the race results right the same guy won the pure and the limited.

if the track got the race results right the same guy won the pure and the limited.

That is right. What happen to not being able to run any other class I'f you are in pure stock. And yes I know it was the only hobby stock that showed up. He still should not have got the win or the pay.

That is right. What happen to not being able to run any other class I'f you are in pure stock. And yes I know it was the only hobby stock that showed up. He still should not have got the win or the pay.

on the other hand it makes you look at the imca hobby as an option for next year. he was fast, if you could get a good car count it would be a fun class to run. the track would not make the rules OR CHANGE THEM .....

pure stock motor is suppose to be in stock location. Quick steer has nothing to do with running faster bec some ppl like me don't like to run with a quick steer. And engine has the same cam rule. They are allowed to run 202 valves we are not. And the headers is no gain since you have to add the 100 pounds. So how do you think they have less motor? With the valves they have a lot better flow.

The Hobbies have a minimum of 76 ccs not 72 like CBS. They also have to run a stock 2 barrel iron intake. With that intake, it does not matter that they can run 2.02s versus your 1.94 intake valves. Also the biggest difference is the tires.

The hobbies also must use an OEM Rochestor carburetor.

Just a couple of the differences.

The Hobbies have a minimum of 76 ccs not 72 like CBS. They also have to run a stock 2 barrel iron intake. With that intake, it does not matter that they can run 2.02s versus your 1.94 intake valves. Also the biggest difference is the tires.

The hobbies also must use an OEM Rochestor carburetor.

Just a couple of the differences.

I think it could be a fun competitive class at CBS.

More importantly I would be wondering how the pures got beat by a car with a pos carb, no quick steer, 7 inch dot tires that resembles pizza cutters with a stock location engine.

Wish I wouldn't have had to pull off after 3 laps, think I would have given him a good race without quicksteer and headers myself. All cars were put into one heat race that I won, and wasn't from starting on front row. Invert started me a few rows back for the feature but was coming forward until I hit one of the huge ruts, filling my right rear with mud. If anyone has ever done this, (most have) you would know it does not drive very well at all!!!! I would wecome him back again to run with us, no problem here....

Archived